is this too much to add?

Erland

Hi, started with a fun riff this avo on the guitar (with a new set of strings) and just kept adding stuff, next thing I know, I couldn`t go back. I really wanted to record a song thats been buzzing in my head for a while, but did this instead and had to finish....

Is there too much going on?

Major problem. I am still using my headphones. When I listened on the stereo the vocal was significantly louder, not just slightly, why? Anyway, I`m just sick of my own voice.

Erland

http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/album.php?aid=1375&alid=-1

NightsWithNoHeros

:o

I think you could actually add more! It would be cool to hear this with a full band backing you up.

I think you should hire a band and go on tour. Just don't forget to keep posting while you're on the road.

Thoughts

Stellar voice as always.

First electric guitar I remember hearing from you. It was nice. It seemed the electric part was double tracked and each track has panned hard to each side. They weren't alsways exactly in sync, so listening through headphones it kind of bounced around a bit. I'm not sure if I liked it or was annoyed :D

Lyrically interesting verses... kept me engaged. I didn't get the "Nights with no heroes" thing - what did it mean?

I'd bring up the harmonies up in the mix. They were hard to hear.

Despite all that, I still like listening to your stuff.

true blue

erichenryus. Ha, a band would be sweet.

TripleM. thankyou. Indeed, there was two guitars, they were supposed to be out of sync, thats the point I suppose. I wanted to bouce it around. Sorry if it annoyed you. Those lyrics, I`ll tell you later. Glad you still like listening to my stuff, I hope that doenst suddenly change with a bad tune.

very nice tune...maybe a bridge would be nice too. The vocals are loud, BECAUSE you are monitoring with headphones....they'll trick ya, if you're not careful;)

I'd be very interested in adding some tracks to this song...or anything else you might want. If you are interested, let me know, and we'll procede from there.

shut up!

Erland, great tune. it sounded very good on my little set up. I like the loud vocals. It really made me want to listen to the lyrics. I listened lofi and it was just fine. Really like the acoustic.

dtb

Great stuff Erland,
It's kind of cool how in the begining both guitars on one side.
I always want to balance things. I am gonna try your approach on the next tune I do ;).

You know it's interesting, even if there are problems with the mix or sound is not the best or whatever it realy doesn't matter with your stuff. Because the talant God blessed you with shines through it all. I'm not trying to puff you up just want to say keep writing and posting.

And make sure you copyright the stuff. The problem is not that other people will sing your song but if you don't copyright and someone else does they can prevent you from singing your own stuff. And that would realy stink. just my $.02

great voice man.

cheers

Erland,

Sure sounds great brother. I did notice that the intro Guitar was a bit too hard left for me out of the monitors. But that is a great tune. Excellent job. Mixmkr has a good point, that a rocking bridge would sink it home. Perfect song for a Movie sequence. Keep it up.

Fangar

hey... you said "T.V."... aren't you folks on the other side of the pond supposed to say "tele"??? :p

As for the band issue... you've got one waiting for you in St. Louis... :p should you ever choose to venture to the other side of the planet. :cool:

Liked this one too... dug that distorted vocal effect you added at the end too... cool beans. My favorite is still "from a boy".. I even got my friends hooked on that one.

Do you do any "gritty" vocals at all...? you know.. like the "I'm mad while I'm singing, so I'm gonna grit my teeth and put a little gravel in my voice" style..?? ever do that? I'm sorta curious how you'd sound doin' a tune with that kind of "flavor" to it...

WATYF

Another amazing tune!
Your stuff just gets better and better!

I liked the lyrics,really hit home.
Cool touch the way you faded your voice out.

Great stuff.

Best to you,
Pete

Excellent as always!What kind of Mic do you record the Vocals with?Do you double track your voice at all?Whatever you're doing you sure are getting a killer vocal track,and for pitching yourself to A&R types this Vocal heavy mix is just right.

You should take Mixmkr up on his offer.I bet he could turn this song into an Epic piece!

P.S.I really like the electric guitars playing off of each other panned hard left/right.

At the risk of repetition I reply without reading the thread.

As far as your vox goes. Well, that is just one of those fortunate timbre gifts you'll have to learn to live with. I'd like to hear you belt a little. Up the ocatain on the emotional level and see what will burn and what will smolder.

I think the build to this song is very catchy and should by all and any means be enhanced. I want drums and solo gits and back-up vox and stronger effects and .............

The sentiment is well placed and delivered. Now, lay down the whole package!!

Theron.

All I can say is that if I had the wherewithal to fly you here and produce a record of you and your songs, you'd be in the freakin' air right now. You could sing London Bridge and make it sound great. I don't know what "it"is, but you've got it.

Great song! I like it a lot. The voice is too loud, but not very much. I would be careful not to lower it too much. It's almost right, just a tiny bit loud. The electrics aren't loud enough and neither are the other vocals. I agree this could stand to have a bass and drummer come in in the second verse. I also really liked the distorted fx on the voice at the end, I'd have liked to hear a bit more of that. Good song man, I'd go see you if you came to my town. :)

good show

cheers guys. I`m not boring you yet?

mixmkr - tricked alright, cheeky buggers. Sure, bend it shape it anyway you want it. I would love to be surprised again. I think a better bass and an echoey simple drum, almost a bongo would build it up more. The problem is becasue i am using a four track, I can`t really go back on myself. Its all or nothing as I mixdown onto two tracks as a song goes on. This means it isn`t easy to go back. I do save the basic backing track though.

dtb - ok, I`ll shut up. glad you liked it though.

Fed - thanks for that. Now, I listened to your song, have i posted?, no, oh well, i though it was so good. I am not religeos and thought I wouldn`t like to be attacked with words but man, its was subtle, nice and really well recorded. I enjoyed it. Another chap showed me how to copyright for US but what about Uk, costs etc. It is not something I lose sleep over but interesting. Anyway, thanks mate.

WATYF - LOL, oops I said movie too. i`ll dig a little more dirt next time.

muzeman - Alright chap, good show. I was going to post to you first but thought you would like it this way.

Kramer - hey cheers. I like that playing off each other expression. I used my shure 606 and restrung the electro accoustic guitar.

theron - erm, right. man you guys don`t ask for much do you?

crawdad - embarrased

Lt. Bob - I monitor on headphones and this is a big NO but is all I have anyway. It sounds a bit better through them. Ther is a bass etc, just very subtle. yeh that distort was an accident, I put the mic through the guitar effects instead, woops. Ha, cool. bye.

hey Erland,

I see why people say the things they do about you.. I agree 100%.. This is a great song with a great vocal melody..Very nice voice.. I liked it A LOT......really..

great song! I love it, and I dont say that about a lot of songs..

take it easy,

B

Hi B.SABBATH, all I can say, I am so glad you liked this one. I hope I can still please you with other stuff to come.

Hey Muze the man, you take it easy too.

Back