For the Tone Thread Freaks

Alright, Dok! Thanks. It's a little "busy" but very nice. How many tracks? What was the pre? When did you do this?

I like the less cluttered passages. is there some delay in the mix? It just taht at some points notes were stepping on notes in a messy way.
Good tone.

No delay used in the recording or post production. Just me jamming against a track I recorded.

Last edited:
Greg - your ears are just better than the rest of us. Me anyway. We went through this before. I'm hearing just a touch of "rattle" near the very end but nothing all the way through just on the right side. I don't doubt you hear it but I can't.

Dok - panning was 50/50 for both tracks?

Greg - your ears are just better than the rest of us. Me anyway. We went through this before. I'm hearing just a touch of "rattle" near the very end but nothing all the way through just on the right side. I don't doubt you hear it but I can't.

I panned them each a little to the left and to the right. Less than halfway toward the midpoint between center and all the way panned.

What you're hearing at the end, I hear it too, but I'm hearing it the whole way through. It's not super prominent or anything, but it's definitely there. I noticed it during the playback, and then that end bit comfirmed it.

that rattley sound?

I hear it too ........ it's not enough to really detract from the recording though.

Which is quite good .......... I rather like the busyness of it.
And the guitars come across pretty well ...... nice acoustic sound.

Cool sounds man, very nice acoustic tones happenin' here.....I'd been wondering if anyone would post anything acoustic (& if they had before, I've missed 'em.....).....Thanks for posting this!!!!!

I only hear the buzz noise at the end, but my ears ain't what they used to be either......still, it doesn't take anything away from the recording......

Very nice!!!!!!!

Generally sounded pretty good. I'm hearing what I would describe as a bit of harshness in the guitar on the right. Maybe that's what Greg is calling scratchy? Like a lot of midrange - 2500hz - 3000hz stuff. But I didn't think it was very bad.

Also caught a spot or two where the tempo seemed off between the tracks. One time is around :24 - :26. The tracks didn't seem tight.

Nice track,

I think the scratchy sound is just the tone of the strings and frets on the right side guitar.

Nice playin.

Back