They Don't

Hey,
i listened to mix2. Good song. I really like the piano and the sound of the room. The distant/roomy drums fit perfectly imo. Very vibey. The sound of the snare is a bit strange, though.

Hey,
i listened to mix2. Good song. I really like the piano and the sound of the room. The distant/roomy drums fit perfectly imo. Very vibey. The sound of the snare is a bit strange, though.

Hey thanks for checking it out. I love the room. It's big with hardwoods and high ceilings and after a lifetime of recording in an 8X10 basement room with 8 foot ceilings it is a breath of fresh air. Most of the sound of the drums is the real room. I did add a little of the same room reverb to vocal, drum oh and piano to try and gel it together a little.

As far as snare sounding strange - I play with brushes and most of the time don't pull back up after the hit. That might explain it, or maybe there is something goofed with the recording. Let me know. I use a single OH positioned to get the right balance (at least to me) of hat, snare and room.

The recording of the drums is fine, i think. I don't know what it is about the snare :e
I envy you very much for the room, though. I like to think the room is way more important than all the recording gear.

Based on some comments I cleaned up some of the fudged bass, guitar and drums. Lowered bass, lowered verb master, compressed OH a little, lowered input to mains limiter. Didn't have the stuff to re-record from scratch cause I moved on to another one :-) Posted Mix 3 on top post. Let me know...

Back