That's right... A song about Mayonnaise!

Relic1882

So I'm trying something new. I'm playing hard rock still but it's a style that's a little out of my box. Trying to escape the norm for me. :) I think the mix sounds alright. I know the tracks could probably use a re-record but I'm looking to get an overall opinion. :) Oh, this isn't with my band either. It's kind of a solo project. My goal is to make an album of stuff that sounds nothing like my band.

Attachments

• Killer Mayonnaise.mp3
    4.4 MB · Views: 31
My favourite condiment. Cool to meet someone who likes it as much as I do. Some woman randomly told me only a week ago that she bought a 1 Liter pot of mayo at the £1 shop and put it in her hair. I was kind of shocked. Why would you waste mayo on your hair...? But I had to admit, her hair did look nice and shiny. :D Nice tune.

Mayo freaks me out. I don't know why but it just does. I'm more of a spicy mustard guy.

The guitars sound good. The bass doesn't seem to have a whole lot of low end. Vocals work and are clear and up front. The kick drum seems to clicky for this kind of sound, almost sounds like somebody bouncing a basketball. The drums are the weakest point. The snare doesn't punch either. Interesting song.

Reminds me of The Who with the goofy lyrics and the harmonies. This mix sounds empty though. Once you fix up the drums and bass it should be rockin. It sounds like you have some strange EQ going on on the kick and snare track. You may want to start fresh with those tracks. I think the vocals could come up a hair.

I HATE the bass drum sound.
It sounds like the inner lid of a can of MILO beinfg flicked.
It's also too loud for the mix.
Sounds like Errol from Hot Chocolate in parts.
Bass seems like a non note dron in some parts.
Fun song - needs the drums & bass fixed though.
All up sounds Like Flo & Eddie meets the Tubes.

Ugh, I despise mayo. Nasty.

There's a member here that goes by "Queepy" and he writes and plays songs like this all the time. It very much reminded me of him. The mix - not so good. As mentioned already, the bass and drums are a mess. Bad kick, buried snare, sizzly overheads, sloppy playing. The bass is somewhere in there I guess. Start all over with the drums and bass. Get more thud in the kick and don't let the snare get lost. The guitars sound good though. I'm not crazy about the vocals, but they're good for the song I suppose.

I hate mayo, but I love song's with crazy subjects. The song was cool.

Mixwise, not much I can add to what's been said. I agree with everyone's comments.

I liked the singing. It reminds me of some song from the early 70's but I can't remember it. Distorted guitars didn't sound too bad.

ah remember it... "I Believe in Miracles." Horrible song. But now that I've recalled it - your song isn't all that similar. there were just a couple of notes in the melody line that were the same.

haha. I do agree on most comments so far now that I'm listening for it. I didn't get the chance to fix it up yet but it will come soon. I'm hoping to get the time this coming weekend at the latest. Thanks for the input so far!

Back