Thank You Jesus

BroKen_H

Re-member
OK, Number Two. Let's see if getting the monitors in the proper position helps my ears.
https://myspace.com/broken43/music/song/thank-you-jesus-95237682-106079411

Thank You Jesus
When I wake up in the morning
And my two feet hit the floor
Before plan a hundred projects
And I head on out that door
There is one thing I should say
Take the time to stop and pray, thank You, Jesus

Thank You, Jesus for the breath I have to breathe
Thank You Jesus 'cause you died to set me free
Jesus lead me in Your way as I go through another day
And thank You, Jesus

In the middle of my running
As I earn my daily bread
And the problems of this hard life
Are like bees around my head
There is one thing I should say
Take the time to stop and pray, thank You, Jesus

Thank You, Jesus for the strength I have to work
Thank You, Jesus 'cause your stripes have stopped my hurt
Jesus lead me in Your way as I go through another day
And thank You, Jesus

Our tomorrows may not last, We can not live in our past
We need to know for sure, It's not this life we're living for

As I lay down in the evening
And my day has been a bother
I just pray the things I've finished
Will give glory to Your Father
There is one thing I will say
Take time to stop and pray, thank You, Jesus

Thank You, Jesus for this peace so I can rest
Thank You, Jesus Your Spirit is a sweet caress
Jesus lead me in Your way as I finish another day
And thank You, Jesus
Thank You, Jesus I love You for all to see
Thank You, Jesus but it's because You first loved me
Jesus lead me in Your way, tomorrow is a brand new day
Thank You, Jesus

I don't think the vocal(s) work very well. It's a combination of having them panned so far apart and the timing differences between the two vocal deliveries - the net result is less than successful. I made the mix sound better immediately by flipping it into mono.

Well, much better than the first. I think what you do with the vocals would be better served maybe as a chorus, or an effect. I have to agree (it is a matter of taste I suppose), but you may want to remove the effect or pan center for the vocals. But you are getting there.

Yes, I like the mix in general (drums are a little busier than a real drummer would actually play), but the doubling effect on the vocals doesn't work for me. Too distracting. But the levels are pretty good and overall a good mix.

Thanks all, silly of me to take the easy route and just sit my monitors on the desktop...
I was not planning to keep the vocals that way, just surprised me that my delivery was at ALL close on something that I wrote, learned and recorded in about 8 hours. Did two takes so I could keep the best of both worlds (not that my voice is going to win any awards...It will end up being chorused with the exception of the bridge. I'm thinking of just running center there.
I might tone the drums back, as well. I don't anticipate selling the song, but you never know. And at that point it surely won't hurt to have it sound realistic. You should hear the drum line on Suddenly He Turned. The drum beat there is actually copied exactly to what a real drummer played for the tune I wrote. I can't play it....But I've tried to put straight drum lines under the thing and it just never sounds right.
That's next on my list. A total overhaul of that particular song. Suddenly was recorded in the late 90s and really needs a new paint job...my voice may not go that high anymore, though :eek:

I'm working on a cover version of this song entitled "Thank you Satan"

Was that really necessary? I ask because you could have used your inner voice, and not been disrespectful to the OP looking for genuine advice.

I have my own beliefs, but I won't use this site -especially this forum- to disrespect another by mocking what moves them.

Poor taste IMO man....

Was that really necessary? I ask because you could have used your inner voice, and not been disrespectful to the OP looking for genuine advice.

I have my own beliefs, but I won't use this site -especially this forum- to disrespect another by mocking what moves them.

Poor taste IMO man....

It was a HAHA joke. Lighten up bro. :eatpopcorn:

Back