Thank you to the community

Status
Not open for further replies.

CMB Studios

Hello All,

I joined this community (under a different username) about 8 years ago when i first ventured on this path. I never imagined where this would take me and I find myself in a position of great opportunity because of the work I've put in.. but some of the most valuable advice I've gotten is from these boards when i was just starting out. The album I just produced (which happens to be my own) is being recognized for its musicianship but moreso the production. I've been working with a grammy nominated sound engineer who happens to be part of the Grammy voting board. He has assured me that this album will be nominated in the 2016 Grammy awards for both album of the year and some Engineering categories. I'm not some big wig who thinks im great, im a 25 year old guy that has a passion for this that is seeing some amazing opportunities unfolding... I'm lucky.

I wanted to share with all of you the work that's started it all for me! and as always, critique away. There are a lot of things I would like to change.. no mix is ever "done" right? ;)

https://soundcloud.com/thevanderwallsmusic/sets/the-vander-walls

Much love and respect,
Tyler

P.S *edit* - I don't anticipate winning LOL

Well, that's pretty cool.

But how do you know that it will be nominated for Grammy of the year 2016? It's a bit far off to decide that, no?
Or do you mean that it will be submitted to be a possible candidate for a Grammy nomination?

I think I'll have a listen tomorrow after university.

I'm nominating myself. There, I'm nominated.

Do you have a recording contract? Marketing? Publishing? Distribution? BMI? ASCAP? Copyrights? A touring schedule? Fanbase? I seriously doubt some home recorded nobody would even make it to the mailbox of the grammy house. But good luck anyway!

Tracks that I listened to were well recorded, mixed and the singing is good.
I googled and found nothing about the Vander Walls.

Sounds good, but all I found in a google was a facebook page set up in October (looks like). I don't think anyone not affiliated with a major label is likely to get a Grammy nomination.

I'm nominating myself. There, I'm nominated.

Do you have a recording contract? Marketing? Publishing? Distribution? BMI? ASCAP? Copyrights? A touring schedule? Fanbase? I seriously doubt some home recorded nobody would even make it to the mailbox of the grammy house. But good luck anyway!

hey guys! thanks for the kind words. at this point i wouldnt consider myself a "home recorded no body"

This was merely a thank you to the people that have helped me, not necessarily trying to "prove" anything to anyone or try to boast or whatever. This is the first album under the new name and we're speaking with people at this point about everything you've listed. thanks for the grilling tho man lol

The man we're starting this journey with is one of the head engineers at the Power Station and thats where the next record is being produced. this is not necessarily early for the 2016 process as a lot of the aforementioned things that Greg_L listed are in the works.

Thank you for the well wishes :)

Good luck.... and if you do make to the Grammys make sure say hello. I be the old burnt out dude in the zebra paints and dark shades.

It's cool you came back to give a thanks to the boards. It's nice to hear some success stories once in a while.

Best of luck with your future endeavors. Don't let them eat you.

Thats awesome !! Good luck. The album sounds great. It is nice that you started out and used these forum to learn from, and even better that you came back to thank everyone here that has given us all the opportunity to learn and grow as "Home Recorders " and also as musicians. It is a lot of work to get to the level your at, and luck also plays a part. Being in the right place at the right time, or a chance meeting with someone who can help get you to the next level. I haven't been in this for very long, and have learned many things here, and look forward to the critique given to help me get better. Once again good luck !!

Thats awesome !! Good luck. The album sounds great. It is nice that you started out and used these forum to learn from, and even better that you came back to thank everyone here that has given us all the opportunity to learn and grow as "Home Recorders " and also as musicians. It is a lot of work to get to the level your at, and luck also plays a part. Being in the right place at the right time, or a chance meeting with someone who can help get you to the next level. I haven't been in this for very long, and have learned many things here, and look forward to the critique given to help me get better. Once again good luck !!

Thank you so much :). Yes these forums can be great! It is a lot of work and a lot of training and grinding and putting the time in pays off. I dont consider myself better, but you nailed it with lucky. I met the right dude and he loved our sound. Basically if nothing comes of the band, which is more probable than possible given todays difficulties in the industry, then he will be taking me on and training me/giving me work... basically i'd be working for him, which is a great opportunity and a great start.

Nothing is set in stone, there's still a lot of work i gotta put in to impress the right people.. but its a foot in the door :)

I definitely plan on popping on here and giving back to this community!!! no doubt this website has helped my dreams become a bit more attainable

This is awesome and you are even more awesome to come back and say a thank you. Says a lot about you as a person.:)

The album I just produced (which happens to be my own) is being recognized for its musicianship but moreso the production. I've been working with a grammy nominated sound engineer who happens to be part of the Grammy voting board. He has assured me that this album will be nominated in the 2016 Grammy awards for both album of the year and some Engineering categories.
Just want to keep bumpig this thread. Hopefully we can keep it near the top of the forum for a year, so that we can congratulate him when the whole nomination thing happens in 2016. After all....
He has assured me that this album will be nominated in the 2016 Grammy awards for both album of the year and some Engineering categories.
...that's more than just hoping something will happen, it's an ASSURANCE. So, I want to be here when it happens. :)

(Maybe we can make this a sticky until the big "Album of the Year" nomination goes down.) :)

;)

Like I've said, writing and the vocal makes the band. There's 100 people on this board that could play those guitars, drums, bass. There's 100 people on this board that can mix stuff at least as well. But that is a great bit of writing and that's one killer vocal sound.
Good luck man! :D

So we have to spam this thread for a year, RAMI?

Well, it will be worth it when the BIG moment happens. It's a lock, the Grammy nominated sound engineer said so. It's the least we can do since the only reason he started this thread was to thank us. I'm sure that, and that alone, is the only reason he took the time to start this thread. It was totally un-selfish and not about him at all.

I just can't wait until it gets nominated for a few Grammys. It's not even a question of if, it's a matter of when.

:)

fa*ce*tious adj treating serious issues with deliberately inappropriate humor; flippant
Doing my part to keep this going till next year!

fa*ce*tious adj treating serious issues with deliberately inappropriate humor; flippant
Why would you say that? I'm pretty sure EVERYONE involved in this thread is being 100% sincere. You can't cherry pick. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back