tEST mILK

It does sound very reminiscent of Nirvana.
Are those amp sims or real guitar tones? They sound a bit sim-y.

Could use some more twangy bass.

It's a very heavy distortion pedal backed off to sound more like a DS1. Don't know why I didn't just use my DS1. Going into a basic clean tone on a sim with a tiny bit of reverb. My amp isn't set up unfortunately. Move house tomorrow though.

The lead guitar is being buried by the rhythm during the solo. Other than that is sounds pretty well balanced to me. After 20 years still no vocals?????

Solo?? Is there a solo? Oh, you mean that bit in the middle. Not too worried about that
Will probably remove it.

Hmmm, can't remember the lyrics we wrote when we were 15... that's probably for the best

Cool track. It doesn't really stand on it's own without vocals though, as there is a lot of repeating going on and not a lot of new stuff introduced here and there to create new interest. That being said, I think it is an awesome canvas for a creative vocalist. You should try to hook up with a singer. Maybe someone from these boards would like to collab on this. Could be really good.

The bass gets really lost both in the clean and dirty sections. It seems pretty much non existent in the heavier sections, unless that is just because it is doubling the guitars so closely. There is a lot of room in this arrangement for the various instruments to take liberties here and there.

Drums get a little mechanical and drum machiney too.

I like this. It has good bones. I think it has a lot of potential.

Yeah man, get someone to wail over top of this. Cool backing but it doesn't seem finished without vocals on it.

The clean guitars are a little dead, I'd try a subtle room reverb on them to give them a little ambiance. I'd be curious to hear this with an amp speaker moving air.

Very cool song idea, time to hammer out some lyrics!

Haven't given it over to a singer to destroy it yet. Will do when I finish moving house though - currently living in a building site!

One of the lads wants to pop over with his edrums and track them too.

Current plan is to pop some limited lead work over the 2nd and 3rd verses and choruses, chop out the crap interlude, lengthen the ending and put a solo there.

The bass does follow the guitar closely, I'm not a bassist so like to keep it simple. I find if I try to "write a bassline" it invariably doesn't fit and sounds shit.

I really liked the guitar tone. Very cool IMO. Bass was OK for me.

I wasn't thrilled by the drums. The cymbals is a bit strident - a little brittle and hissy - at least on the left side.

Snare was decent - but it sounded a bit too roomy for me. The kick was really woofy. it could use some removal of low mids and maybe a boost somewhere in the 3K-5K range to help with attack.

I really liked the guitar tone. Very cool IMO. Bass was OK for me.

I wasn't thrilled by the drums. The cymbals is a bit strident - a little brittle and hissy - at least on the left side.

Snare was decent - but it sounded a bit too roomy for me. The kick was really woofy. it could use some removal of low mids and maybe a boost somewhere in the 3K-5K range to help with attack.
Cheers, I like the tone too. Greg helped me with it a little in the new tone thread. Going to try and copy it to my amp re record it without going through a Line6 sim when I have finished decorating.

I agree that the cymbals are shit, particularly the small ones. Useful as references for a future drummer though. I'm a rubbish drummer so I struggle to be creative with my programming.

That info about the kicks is the sort of stuff I need to learn. When I have finished decorating the living room I will try it and see what I think.

Back