Tall Order with easlern and ibleedburgundy

Hmmm, I'm somewhere in between. I don't normally care at first about lyrics, I just hear a song and see if I like it. But then if I check the lyrics and they're awful it can really put me off.

Greg, here's a good example, take Pulling On The Boots from the Romper Stomper soundtrack, it's a great Oi! Punk song, but it's got really racist lyrics, so while it makes sense in context you wouldn't exactly want to sing along with it.

I probably wouldn't care. It's just words. Words mean nothing to me. It wouldn't be any more offensive to me than some wimpy peace love crap like "Imagine", which to me is pretty fucking repulsive.

I probably wouldn't care. It's just words. Words mean nothing to me. It wouldn't be any more offensive to me than some wimpy peace love crap like "Imagine", which to me is pretty fucking repulsive.

Ha! While in a weird way I love that you find Imagine repulsive, for me, I think this is one of the exceptions I mentioned earlier.

I'm not so crazy about the music or the song itself, but I really do like the lyrics. So straightforward and sincere. Kind of ballsy to have written and sung some of those lines actually (in a wimpy peace and love kind of way :)).

That song makes me sad, not because we can't have all of the things he talks about, but because plenty of people don't even want those things (even if they were attainable).

I bet it makes you sad too Greg...sad because you're having to listen to some fucking hippie dippie peace crap!

I bet it makes you sad too Greg...sad because you're having to listen to some fucking hippie dippie peace crap!

I've never sat and intentionally listened to it. I've heard it a million times though because it's one of those famous songs that you just can't get away from.

I've never sat and intentionally listened to it. I've heard it a million times though because it's one of those famous songs that you just can't get away from.

I've heard it a million times, but actually sat down and listened to it once. With some hippy chick in high school. Had to listen to the whole record because I wanted to get in her pants. :) It blew my mind! Not the record, but that her panties had a zipper on them. :D

You can like it or not, but John Lennon and Imagine have done right by me.
:thumbs up:

I don't mind the sentiment of Imagine, I just find the song awful. Maybe if MasterRace from Romper Stomper did a cover it would be better.

Good work, pleasant song, almost had a LA vibe about it.

I think this is the best Ive heard your vox on a track, well of the 3 or 4 Ive heard. Guitars sounded great too. Im only on small 4" monitors but I thought the drums were maybe a wee bit boxy...or quiet, but thats really looking for something

good work to all, you sound like a band.

Thanks kcearl. If you mean my voice, there is a reason I'm sounding better: Nick is singing. ;) Well, the harmony vocals are me, mixed low which is how I sound best.

This has a '70s Jackson Browne/Steely Dan feel. :) Enjoyable.

The snare/toms have a touch to much roomy reverb, although for some that's a conscious choice I think it gives it too much of a bedroom kind of feel.

The distorted rhythm guitar comes in and out kind weird, maybe a phase issue?

[I didn't read the other replies, I normally don't so I give my honest feedback, so if these things have been discussed feel free to ignore this post]

Back