"Take It All" - Final mixes on new album - mix #1

GONZO-X

"Take It All" - Final mixes on new album - mix #1

TAKE IT ALL-mix 1 by Bats Brew | Free Listening on SoundCloud

i've got 10 songs almost finished for a new album release.
any suggestions on final tweaks, eq issues, translation issues, etc, are appreciated.

this is mix #1 of this song.

i'll only leave these up a few days each.

git gear on this session:

take_it_all_sesh.jpg

pb-2017.jpg

IMAG1283.jpg

Can you post a Downloadable mp3? Or are you ok if I grab it off soundcloud? Just want to play with some things I think I'm hearing in the mix. I'll post results and screenshots.

Can you post a Downloadable mp3? Or are you ok if I grab it off soundcloud? Just want to play with some things I think I'm hearing in the mix. I'll post results and screenshots.

hey redstone!
i'm not posting downloadables yet,
i'm just getting started on this new version....

this was a quick faders up version of the mix,
i know i need to make tweaks to snare, toms, and low end....

Gonzo, cool.

Rather than write a bunch of EQ suggestions, here's a pic of what I'd be tempted to do on the 2-bus as far as EQ. One thing I noticed the most is that the cymbals are cooked. Multiband might help tame them. I guess it depends on their raw sound and what EQ adjustments you made to them.

2-bus Take it all ideas.png

Gonzo, cool.

Rather than write a bunch of EQ suggestions, here's a pic of what I'd be tempted to do on the 2-bus as far as EQ. One thing I noticed the most is that the cymbals are cooked. Multiband might help tame them. I guess it depends on their raw sound and what EQ adjustments you made to them.

View attachment 99788
hey red,
thanks for the analysis...

the overheads i can tame, they came cooked, so there's only so far i can go with them,
but it's funny, i have the hi hats channel turned off, and they're still coming thru loud and clear with the snare and overheads..
so i'll have to do some selective surgical eq, and maybe the idea of the MBC (though i'm loathe to use it) would work in this instance.
good idea

Back