Synths v guitars

Bulls Hit

This track was going to be a synth jam and they had the early running but then the guitars took over

Does anything sound weird to you, outside of the usual strangeness. Sonically or spatially...?

Last edited:
I'd probably take those initial synths down a touch so they don't have to drop so drastically when everything else comes in.

I might also scale back the distortion on the drums just a touch, it sounds more like the whole track being over-compressed than an intentional decision.

Cool sounds tho. This is a really good start.

Again, if it were less compressed and therefore less distorted, I think it would sound way better. Cool composition though.

VomitHatSteve - The distortion on the drums is coming from a couple of the condenser mics which seem to interact with the valve pres in an 'interesting' way. They add some crunch that I'm OK with still. Cheers Vomit

andrushkiwt - Thanks for checking it

Hey man :) Just gave it a listen. As VHS said, yeah the initial synths are quite harsh on the ears, literally just reducing them a touch would do the trick. As for the rest of the arrangement I really like the intricate work you did there. I agree with the fact it sounds a little over compressed, but it's not too bad at all, certainly not compared to some stuff I've heard, but I think the dynamic range should be kept within the track as it adds so much.

Overall great piece though, I like it :)

Hey man :) Just gave it a listen. As VHS said, yeah the initial synths are quite harsh on the ears, literally just reducing them a touch would do the trick. As for the rest of the arrangement I really like the intricate work you did there. I agree with the fact it sounds a little over compressed, but it's not too bad at all, certainly not compared to some stuff I've heard, but I think the dynamic range should be kept within the track as it adds so much.

Overall great piece though, I like it :)

Hey thanks for the feedback. Yep I've nudged the intro down a little. Also found the room mic had some 'treatment' I'd overlooked which may have been resulting in a more compressed/roomy drum sound. Appreciate the feedback cheers

Great composition. Not able to listen on good monitors right now so can't comment on the mix.

Cool tune!
One thing I noticed is that the drums were low in the mix and had pretty heavy verb on them. It makes them sound kind of distant in the mix.

Robus - Hey thanks for the spin

jimistone - Not sure where the reverb you're hearing is coming from, unless it's the room coming through the overheads..weird. But thanks for checking it!

Those synths sound great. Love the distortion.

Guitars sound great. Great parts. Bass level was perfect.

No real complaints. Loved the lyrics. :)

Those synths sound great. Love the distortion.

Guitars sound great. Great parts. Bass level was perfect.

No real complaints. Loved the lyrics. :)

Haha. Thanks Trip. Yes I'm getting more confident exploring those lyrical subtleties...:D

Back