sunshine

are you looking for suggestions? i like the recording a lot, but the kick sounds panned slightly to the left. also i think the whole recording could use more bass. other than that i think your recording is super.

it has a nice seventies sound to it in general, which nicely matches the sweet hippy seventies style. Aquarius, anyone? Vocals, though, sound like you mic'd them from 6 feet away or something. Might not be a bad thing for the male background, but the lead female is way too distant. Bring it up a LOT in volume, that might help it out without having to re-track it.

Static static static in there, very cool intro though.... so 70s jam bandish, love it. And a flute, very cool.
Vocals sound a bit buried, I'd bring them up some. Eveything seems louder.
I think a little more or thicker bass would add to the song too.
Cool song though. I dig your style here. Just sounds like a really cool jam.
The 2:45 part is just great!
Keep up the jams man :D I dig. Glad I listened to this one.

Hey,
I cant do anything about the mix. This was recorded straight to a cassette. Whats done is done :(

Thank you for all of the words! I mean it. Im tired of bs simple music. Im tired of boring rock. Im tired of digital. Tired of executives. I like artsy music, artsy rock. Art rock. Prog rock could also be used to phrase the kinds of things I think about. I had this blind notion that "if the music is interesting and different then people will like it more". But that isn't true exactly.

dazzlingly gorgeous

supertramp1979 said:
Im tired of boring rock. Im tired of digital. Tired of executives. I like artsy music, artsy rock. Art rock. Prog rock could also be used to phrase the kinds of things I think about. I had this blind notion that "if the music is interesting and different then people will like it more". But that isn't true exactly.

Beautiful recording - I thoroughly subscribe to your philosophy. Believe it or not, I think this notion is pretty well accepted and gaining popularity; there's a lot of wonderful music out there, but it takes some looking around...too many people are trying to reproduce what they are hearing on corporate radio...but I guess that's another rant for another time.

Again, beautiful - thanks for the track! :)

sad_analogist said:
Believe it or not, I think this notion is pretty well accepted and gaining popularity; there's a lot of wonderful music out there, but it takes some looking around...too many people are trying to reproduce what they are hearing on corporate radio...but I guess that's another rant for another time.

Sad analogist,

Do you have any tunes I can listen to? What kind of music do you write??

I disagree! I am told there is good music there, but that's a lie if I ever heard one.

Back