(SummerVibes) I Would Really Appreciate Feedback ❤️

Hey Vikash,

I like this! Great beat, good job.

I have two problems with it:

1) when I turn it up, the eq on the main synth lets a bit of harsh synth through
2) you're missing a great bass line, super low end stuff that would really bring the song out!

Liked it,
Timbo

Yeah the main synth line is too upfront for such a bitcrushed treatment. For a track that's longer than 5 mins maybe you could introduce more variation on the theme or different textures and/or a breakdown

I like the vibe-but have to agree that main synth sound is waaay out front, almost painful. I like when you duck that sound into the mix later on. The reverb tail sounds too long on the main synth part around 1:30, it's distracting from the sound, try rolling some low end off the reverbs. Also agree you could have done more with the arrangement, you can get alot done in 5 minutes. Overall i enjoyed the tune, the 5 minutes seemed to go by quickly.

Other than the synth being too upfront, in general I feel this could use more gluing together. Try using a glue treatment on the master bus. If you are unfamiliar with master bus glue, it is the idea of giving the entire mix a broad treatment so that the individual parts sound like they go together. Electronic music needs this more than other styles because it is all so computerized.

Typical master bus glue treatments: a master compressor (a vintage one helps to add richness to the tone), console artifacts (tasteful noise, harmonic distortion, crosstalk), and a touch of EQ, faint reverb and tube saturation are all options. You don't need all, most people would use 2 or 3 of those things.

Back