The Suffering Of Aiden - alternative rock track

And on further listen, a bit much on the master limiting IMO

I respect everyone's opinions, but that really can't be true! It could very well be the kick is compressed too hard in the mix, because the limiter is only holding back 2-3 db max. Using phones, the kick is almost always too quiet in them, so I bump it up, but then it is always the cause of a compressor going overboard.

If you are hearing something "smash against a wall", are you sure it's the entire track and not just the kick or maybe even snare? Just trying to get to the root of this issue. I'm wondering what it is you're hearing exactly

Man, GREAT song...I can hear it on the radio without a doubt. My only crit, and you addressed I think is that it does sound like it has either a limiter or compressor on master bus that pumps a little too much. But that could be the way the bass is interacting with the kick or maybe do you have it side chained? Regardless, great tune and stellar performance.

Man, GREAT song...I can hear it on the radio without a doubt. My only crit, and you addressed I think is that it does sound like it has either a limiter or compressor on master bus that pumps a little too much. But that could be the way the bass is interacting with the kick or maybe do you have it side chained? Regardless, great tune and stellar performance.

Yeah, I'm sure not having monitors makes it harder to judge the low end. I rely on my car, and several back and forth bounces, to make that call. Thanks for the listen man :thumbs up:

Yeah, I'm sure not having monitors makes it harder to judge the low end. I rely on my car, and several back and forth bounces, to make that call. Thanks for the listen man :thumbs up:

That used to be my routine, and it was really slow. I finally invested in a reference system (B&W mains & sub) that changed my life. Of course, "investing" meant getting a hand me down from a wealthy friend! woot!

My mixing is 10X faster now, and as good as my car stereo is, it was not clueing me into many issues, but especially on the low end, and in the "quiet" parts.

Can't use cans, I'm mostly deaf in my left ear.

Back