Storm

Usually I'm telling people I hear too much low end and low mids. In your case, I'm not hearing enough low end. For instance, that kick sound could have more low end - it'd lend some muscle to the sound.

This has the elements of a horror movie soundtrack though with a few cheesy synths added for fun.

In jazz, I think this would be called "playing outside". It's cool, but there has to be a solid "inside" going on for it to work. The key is the key.

There does seem to be a bit of a lack of a proper key or central idea. Although, if you are going for avant garde style music, there is no right or wrong. And you certainly have something avant garde there.

This has the elements of a horror movie soundtrack though with a few cheesy synths added for fun.

Rayc I had a movie in mind while composing this piece but not horror. But anyway thanks for pointing that out. I appreciate you listening and responding to my post. Thanks again.

Irwin

In jazz, I think this would be called "playing outside". It's cool, but there has to be a solid "inside" going on for it to work. The key is the key.

Thanks for your input this is one of my first instrumental song. I know I will learn along the way the playing inside outside etc. Just give me some time.

Irwin

Hmm interesting....it kind of reminds of an old nintendo game soundtrack, like Zelda when he's fighting the boss of the dungeon. It creeps me out a bit, because it's a little bit disjointed and unsettling. But I don't mind that at all. It's very different to anything I've heard in a while, and that's always a good thing.

Definitely not something you hear every day. It's tough for me to say what sounds good for this genre because I don't know what it is.

I guess for what you're trying to accomplish it sounds fine?

Wide mix of ambiance. Some very dry stuff and some rather roomy stuff. Not sure that's what you want.

Some of the sounds you started using at about 2:44 seem to have some unwanted noise in it.

There does seem to be a bit of a lack of a proper key or central idea. Although, if you are going for avant garde style music, there is no right or wrong. And you certainly have something avant garde there.

Thanks for your expression on my song, I really appreciate it.

Hmm interesting....it kind of reminds of an old nintendo game soundtrack, like Zelda when he's fighting the boss of the dungeon. It creeps me out a bit, because it's a little bit disjointed and unsettling. But I don't mind that at all. It's very different to anything I've heard in a while, and that's always a good thing.

Thanks for stopping and listening,thank you very much for the reply.

Irwin

Back