Steenamaroo - Quick 'n' nasty cover - Under african skies.

Hey all.
My family have buggered off to Nairobi for the month on a charitable mission, so I thought I'd do a video message/cover song for them.

It's a 3 or 4 hour special so there will be mistakes and the mix is nowhere near perfect, but I thought some of you might enjoy it anyway.

Here it is - Direct mp3.

Thanks. :)

PS: I totally did those high harmonies! :p

Has a Paul Simon Graceland feel. Bass is a tad heavy, but not bad (not boomy) and I can see many liking it. Testicle surgery worked as those harmonies were great. Really, really good stuff.

Must have been recorded on a PC ;)

Has a Paul Simon Graceland feel. Bass is a tad heavy, but not bad (not boomy) and I can see many liking it. Testicle surgery worked as those harmonies were great. Really, really good stuff.

Must have been recorded on a PC ;)

Thanks DM60!
It's from Graceland. :facepalm: Not entirely sure what that says about my version! :p

Bass is loud, indeed. When I started into this mix I was kinda surprised how rhythm-light the original is!
I hate it when a song sounds full then you dissect it to find there's barely anything there!

Not even joking....This is the first recording on my new Mac Pro. :)

Thanks for the listen.

I think the bass could go down a tiny touch but other than that a massive :thumbs up:

A great song from a great album by a great artist. You smashed it here I think!

You should do the whole album :laughings:

Wow, this one's good. A touch less verb on the guitar and the bass down 1.5, and you'll be closer.

I swore I wouldn't since I posted the video to them last night, but I took on board those suggestions about gtr and bass.
Same link as before. Thanks guys.

I also added some rolling toms during the tribal sounding section. I think all of those things have helped a lot.
Cheers guys! :)

Never thought about that! I set it up last week or so.
Maybe I'll get a few plugs into the descriptions or something.

Good call! ;)

Never thought about that! I set it up last week or so.
Maybe I'll get a few plugs into the descriptions or something.

Good call! ;)

Yeah, I figured I would mention it here before being a dick posting it on the Youtube channel. You definitely are a huge part of whatever success Pete gets. You need to get credit for your work man. :)

Back