Steenamaroo - Another Cat Stevens thread - yaaaawwwwwn.

Hey, thanks for that man!
I'm not really a big fan myself but I know the Tea for the Tillerman album pretty well.

I wouldn't say this is my favourite song but it's the one I thought I could get away with doing.
Thanks for the listen. :)

My mom had Cat Stevens Greatest Hits and played it pretty regularly, alongside various aerobic workout disco records, when I was 11 and into hair metal. So there's aversive conditioning at play there.. still a good listen. Your skills are impressive.

So there's aversive conditioning at play there.. still a good listen.

Haha! I'm glad you could look past it. ;)

Your skills are impressive.

Thanks dude. I kept the effort minimal on this one. Just a one-day bit of fun really but I'd love to do something I can really get my teeth into.
I did a George Harrison cover a good while back that I was really proud of. Maybe something like that?
</thinking out loud>

Haha! I'm glad you could look past it. ;)

Thanks dude. I kept the effort minimal on this one. Just a one-day bit of fun really but I'd love to do something I can really get my teeth into.
I did a George Harrison cover a good while back that I was really proud of. Maybe something like that?
</thinking out loud>

I still contend you should do a slow Jim Croce song. I heard his voice in your Cat song. Almost dead on. Just sayin' ;)

DM60, you're not the first person who said I should give Jim Croce some time.
I don't know anything about him offhand, but off to spotify I go. :)

Really good. Everything sounds great and it was well performed.

I listened twice and couldn't find any issues. I'm either off today or it was really good. :)

DM60, you're not the first person who said I should give Jim Croce some time.
I don't know anything about him offhand, but off to spotify I go. :)

Hoh, shit. I'm listening to "I got a name".
Turns out I know it well and always thought it was Elton John.
I feel I've let myself down now.

Really good. Everything sounds great and it was well performed.

I listened twice and couldn't find any issues. I'm either off today or it was really good. :)

Damn, thanks TripleM.
I'm not super pleased with the vocal sound, but not worried enough to re-do it.

Interestingly I didn't put up any of my rockwool panels on this occasion and you'd really know!
Thanks for the comments. :)

Hoh, shit. I'm listening to "I got a name".
Turns out I know it well and always thought it was Elton John.
I feel I've let myself down now.

I would recommended the song "I'll have to say I love you, in a song" from the same album. Your voice would really carry that tune to perfection.

Elton John? Boy what were you thinkin' ?

I would recommended the song "I'll have to say I love you, in a song" from the same album. Your voice would really carry that tune to perfection.

Elton John? Boy what were you thinkin' ?

Aw, go easy. There's a hint of early Elton in there!
Listening now. That's really nice! I was thinking about Chain Gang Medley but I'll get to know some of these tunes better first.
Definitely my kind of thing.

It's not time to make a change to this mix, Steeno :D.

;) Thanks pal.

Back