coverimage1.png

available here:
CDBaby
Bats Brew | Stay | CD Baby Music Store

iTunes
https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/stay/id1052508533

amazon
Amazon.com: Stay: Bats Brew: MP3 Downloads

Very nice. Boomy, solid bottom end. Everything is clear and distinct. Don't know if this belongs in the clinic :D. Nothing I can hear wrong with it that isn't personal opinion...there's a pad @ 1:50-1:55 that fades in then cuts out and cuts back on. I think it was meant to be that way, but it just sounded a little out of place with the rest of the smoothness of the song, like you accidentally cut the center out of it...

Again, Very nice. BTW, I was listening to this earlier this morning before I saw it here.

Very nice. Boomy, solid bottom end. Everything is clear and distinct. Don't know if this belongs in the clinic :D. Nothing I can hear wrong with it that isn't personal opinion...there's a pad @ 1:50-1:55 that fades in then cuts out and cuts back on. I think it was meant to be that way, but it just sounded a little out of place with the rest of the smoothness of the song, like you accidentally cut the center out of it...

Again, Very nice. BTW, I was listening to this earlier this morning before I saw it here.

thanks for the comments, H....
appreciate it!

one of the reason i posted this in the 'clinic', is because i posted the working demos of this all along the way,
all the way back to the original instrumental version, probably posted 3 years ago....

so i kinda feel like the comments i got from you guys here,
helped form the final version,
i'm am sharing, but also advertising..............
its a NEW ALBUM!!! for SALE!! :listeningmusic:

i didn't just talk about it,
i did it.

that pad you mention,
if you listen very closely,
you will hear a long cymbal hit and decay, reversed, that introduces the change in the drum kit at the same moment.

it's supposed to make you feel like i cut the center of the song out. heheh

The panning doesn't do much, but the sound's a delight. You mixing for twins on earbuds?

Like the tune a lot.

The panning doesn't do much, but the sound's a delight. You mixing for twins on earbuds?

Like the tune a lot.

hehe, as long as it works, who cares about panning!
actually, i checked on buds,
but mixed on monitors of course,
there is a lot of stereo action in here, but mostly stuff is spread out across the entire spectrum,
and none of it should detract from the melody....

i'd say the bass is carrying the main melody, but there are usually at least 3 melodies going at once...including the vocal.

i did put up another tune at my soundcloud site,
if you want to hear something in full

so, track was gone, as you mentioned. i listened to Some Time, however. First thing I noticed was the spacing created great room for the vocal in the middle. Actually middle is not very accurate - it's spread a little yeah? anyway, sounds very good and everything has its space properly. That ride sounds very nice. clearly nothing i can give you in terms of mix critique. nice work, nice playing.

Back