"Stay"

I think it sounds really good in the low end, well balanced mix, sounds good loud and quiet.

thanks for commenting, btyre,
this is a good sign if i'm moving in the right direction,
the other version sounds fine too,
but i'm just trying to really dial it in now, and i'm freely experimenting...
this is one of those experiments.

Well it sounds good on my headphones although I know that's probably not too useful. My monitors have no low end whatsoever.
This is so cool and trippy. Love it.

The low end is fine, even cranked up.

One thing that strikes me as not quite fitting is the bass guitar itself. Lacks in defintion. Just seems a bit woofy lacking in punch.

Well it sounds good on my headphones although I know that's probably not too useful. My monitors have no low end whatsoever.
This is so cool and trippy. Love it.

hey jessica x, thanks for giving this one a shot!
what kind of cans/ monitors do you have?

i found a set of sony earbuds that are really excellent for checking mixes on,
but i mix thru my jbl 305's, and check with AKG 240's

---------- Update ----------

The low end is fine, even cranked up.

One thing that strikes me as not quite fitting is the bass guitar itself. Lacks in defintion. Just seems a bit woofy lacking in punch.

alright rfr, thanks for the input....
the bass was intended to sound fat and smooth, not defined and punchy....
i tried some similar eq's to that, when i started,
and they just didn't sit as well.

I don't like the snare a lot, but the rest sounds good. I don't know if I have a problem with the bass guitar. It sounds good to me.

Hey Gonzo, do you like Massive Attack? This reminds me of them a bit.

Cool bass and drum groove.
Sounds like a pretty complex mix that you've done well. Everything is placed nicely. Left speaker feels a little louder than the right; that's about all I notice. And maybe the vocal needs more body.

Hey Gonzo, do you like Massive Attack? This reminds me of them a bit.

Cool bass and drum groove.
Sounds like a pretty complex mix that you've done well. Everything is placed nicely. Left speaker feels a little louder than the right; that's about all I notice. And maybe the vocal needs more body.

hi nola!

that drum groove, really just a few loops in an old drum machine,
seems kinda lo tech,
but i dug the groove too, so i figured, why not?

i think the drum machine groove (a stereo file) actually pulls to the left a bit....
i actually tried to balance it out with a bit more arrangement favoring the right..
but in typical playback speakers, it's not that noticeable.

massive attack,
didn't ever hear them before, listening now......

i can see where you would suggest that sample....
kinda cool, yes.

i actually tried to balance it out with a bit more arrangement favoring the right..
but in typical playback speakers, it's not that noticeable.

oh okay, yeah, i had headphones on and noticed my left ear getting pounded a bit more.

check out Mezzanine by massive attack if you look into them more. that is their best album. blue lines is good, too.

Back