Splash of Sunny Weather with Nick and Dave

One more mix in the OP. I raised the electric piano on the left to balance the guitars. I like the impact of those clean guitars grouped on the right, so I left them. The vocals came up a little more. I'm not convinced they couldn't come up still more. But unless there is something egregious, it's best that I leave this song for a while and work on something else. Excellent comments! Thanks. :thumbs up:

I'll listen to #3 tonight. I didn't read any comments prior to commenting myself, but I thought the vocal level in mix #1 was just about right. I'll see if I like #3 better.

I'll listen to #3 tonight. I didn't read any comments prior to commenting myself, ....

I used to always reads comments prior to putting in my own but I found that they biased what I was listening for. Then I find my self agreeing with everyone. So now I always provide my own comments after a few listens and then I read about what everyone else is hearing and see if I hear it too. Better this way IMO.

I used to always reads comments prior to putting in my own but I found that they biased what I was listening for. Then I find my self agreeing with everyone. So now I always provide my own comments after a few listens and then I read about what everyone else is hearing and see if I hear it too. Better this way IMO.

I came to the same conclusion. But every once in a while I read the comments first. Bad habits die hard.

Newer mix is sounding better to me. Still a little right heavy. I wonder if you could maybe raise the level a little on those vocal pads you have (oooooohs and aaaaahs) and push them a little more left to fill that side better? The piano tinkle sounds better to me since you raised it a little, wonder if there's room to raise it just a little more?

Thanks for listening and commenting einstein. Another option would be to lower the guitars on the right. I need a few weeks break from hearing this song. When I come back to it with fresh ears, I'm sure I'll near more that needs fixing.

I listed/re-listened to mix #15

The lead vocal is coming through nice. The balance of harmony vocal is nice.

Drums sound excellent all around.

Love the bass tone.

Like the slightly breaking up guitar on the right.

There is still nothing on the left side to balance that right-guitar. It's not horrible, but the mix to my ear still leans right.

New mix in the OP. Had to do a remix because Ambiance stopped working with the latest Reaper update!

Every song for the album with Dave and Nick was using Ambiance for the vocal reverb, so they're all going to have to be remixed.

However, I did find another freeverb that I like a lot. It's Tal-Reverb 2, that simulates a plate.

Mainly looking for feedback on the levels and ambiance, lead vocal especially. Thanks!

I think there's too much verb on the vocals, it really carries a deep tail. I'd def look at pulling that in a bit. I don't know what it is, but that ride cymbal gets on the annoying side after the first chorus. I just don't like its timbre and the wash it creates, and it's obvious how much wash there is considering the end note.

Bass and guitar sound good, though I'm not sure about the lone one on the right. I feel it would benefit from a balance on the L.

Too much time has past for me to compare mixes. This one sounded excellent. I really liked the drums. And the bass. And the guitar on the right. Vocal is nice too.

A bit too much reverb on the vocal for me. Just a bit.

There are spots where the guitar on the right isn't balanced by anything on the left.

But that's about it. It sounded excellent.

Back