"Speak to Me"

guitars captured direct via palmer pdi-09;
guitars= '77 Ibanez Artist & custom USACG Strat >>mesa boogie mark2B >>Avatar 1x12 w/Celestion G12C
vox = ADK Hamburg >>A Designs Audio MP-1 >>DBX MC-6 >>convertor

solo on the ibby

willamsartistdemeter.jpg

interesting thing about the outro solo, i dropped my pick going into it, so i just wailed away with my fingertip, came out ok

Stellar guitar sounds. Those old Mark IIs really are special. Got a C+, which I'm very happy about:thumbs up:

Can I ask about you microphone setup? How do you get those sounds?

Best regards,

-paw

Paw1

thanks for breaking the ice here.......

yes, the mark II is special, to me anyway, that's why i've held onto it all these years.

microphones?
you mean for the guitars?

well, in my second post, i detailed the recording chain for the guitars.....

there are no microphones.

and the 'sound' is pretty much the amp, driven by a compressor and a Barber Direct Drive together, and the outro solo i played with my fingers, cuz i dropped my pick.
LOL

oh yea, well, the guitar signal, after the palmer....
i sent it to a ART DPS, into the tube preamp, set really clean.... and from there, straight to my sound card convertors (Maudio Audiophile 192)

so, i guess you could say the ART preamp would color the tone a bit.
so the majority of the "sounds" are the pure sound of the boogie, in combination with the cabinet filter circuit of the palmer device, and the tonality of the ART preamp.

prabhu

thanks for listening, and yes...
that most certainly IS a sitar!

and a whole bunch of wierd sh!t

Great stuff!

Very live sounding with the delays and the improvisational nature of the track. The mix sounds right on.

Pete

The bass reminds of Tony Levin on Peter Gabriel's So album. Whatcha got going with that???

Good song and mix. Enjoyed cranking it!!!

armistice
hey, thanks for commenting all the same..
i appreciate any feedback

glad you liked it....

PDP
thanks pete!
this track has got a very strict arrangment...
but the idea is exactly like you described, 'live sounding', kinda on the edge with the improv guitar stuff...
it was a fun tune to track.

PDP
thanks pete!
this track has got a very strict arrangment...
but the idea is exactly like you described, 'live sounding', kinda on the edge with the improv guitar stuff...
it was a fun tune to track.

Yeah great job, getting something thats been worked out to sound spontaneous is a real gift.

chili

thanks man, i appreciate your comments

levin, not the first time i heard that, he's so frickin good, love listening to that guy...
thanks for cranking it! that is it's natural state of being....

rayc
thanks for listening ray

TMS
thanks for listening!

pdp
sometimes the spontaneous thing is just magic..
and sometimes its just an accident, that's worth expounding on....
LOL

turkey-
appreciate it, thanks.

Back