A song from the upcoming album

skim

Hey guys - so post production is closing on this album I've been working on for the past 3 months, and I've started circulating one of the songs as a promo for the upcoming release. Please take a listen at the band website http://www.stevenkimband.com/ and feel free to pass it on to someone else.

Thanks for listening -
Steven

jake-owa said:
Did you want feedback or is this just spam?

Is this a home recording?
Sure I'd like feedback. This is not a home recording. If it's inappropriate to post this here let me know and I'll take the post down.

Oh, I dunno, you are at a site called homerecording.com posting in the forum called mp3 mix clinic.

But since this is anarchy land go right ahead, just don't expect me to run out and buy the album. You didn't record this and in my opinion it's unfair to be posting it along side of people who are asking for help with stuff THEY recorded.
If I say something is wrong you can do nothing about it so why would I listen?

skim said:
Hey guys - so post production is closing on this album I've been working on for the past 3 months, and I've started circulating one of the songs as a promo for the upcoming release. Please take a listen at the band website http://www.stevenkimband.com/ and feel free to pass it on to someone else.

Thanks for listening -
Steven

Try posting it here instead.

Actually I quite enjoyed listening to it. Well, it's of a genre which has been so extensively mined that it no longer has any artistic or original value whatsoever, and my 15 year old daughter would scoff at the lyrics, but of its type it was quite nicely done. USeful in this forum as a reminder of the commercial schtuk that many here are trying to avoid.

The site won't fully load, so I don't see a link for your song. I can't therefore, give any feedback.

FWIW, this is no way to build a fan base.

jake-owa said:
Oh, I dunno, you are at a site called homerecording.com posting in the forum called mp3 mix clinic.

But since this is anarchy land go right ahead, just don't expect me to run out and buy the album. You didn't record this and in my opinion it's unfair to be posting it along side of people who are asking for help with stuff THEY recorded.
If I say something is wrong you can do nothing about it so why would I listen?
Actually I'm pretty hands-on involved with the mix (at a home studio actually) and I'm currently trying to gather some feedback for mix adjustments over the next few weeks.

Look. You're obviously annoyed that I posted this here, and I apologize. I didn't do it because I wanted to rub somebody the wrong way or do something unfair. Just wanted some feedback, and the forum description read something to the point of post your mp3's for review.

Sorry to have offended the boss. Best wishes with your perspective projects.

Okay, mix-wise everything sounds good, as expected, but the vocals are a tad too loud for my tastes (it's a slower genre so they should groove more with the music and not stand out so much). I'd say just turn them down maybe 2dB or something.

OK, I listened finally.

Silibance all over the place, and your breathing is a bit distracting. Lower the lead vocal some and it may clear up.

And agree with Garry, it's a bit of an overdone genre.

It all sounds too Korean.

No, I'm making a bad joke...mostly out of jealousy, because I think it sounds fucking killer, LOL. Drums could be a bit bigger at the end for me, but it's in the realm of good taste. I'm not sure what format I'm listening to, but it sounds super squished during the loud part...I can hear it breathing with compression, so you might tell whoever's turning the knobs to watch that.

But again, I really dug it.

Back