A Song For My Daughter. General Mix Comments Welcomed

Robertt8

Hey guys,

I've RE-uploaded this tune.

I'd love to hear some suggestions about the mix in general. I also feel like the low end might be way too much now. My previous mix was way too light.

I've removed the old file (mostly because everyone seems to listen to the old one when you update).

Please let me know if you have any suggestions.

Thanks!
Tait

Attachments

• Oona_Please E-2.mp3
    6.1 MB · Views: 11
Cymbals especially sound distorted or just poor samples. Not a fan of the tambo either though I am just not a fan of that anyway. I have a hard time understanding your vocals. Is that a Cal-eeee-forn-ia thing or is that an accent? Not meant to be offensive, I just could not make out the words at all. Ok girl. That about it. Did you use distortion/saturation effect on vocals also?

Baby sounds are spot on. Is that yours? :)

Thanks for the listen Jimmys69!

Drums are all through the new EZdrummer2 They sounded clean to me...I'm sure I'm just mangling everything with plugins. I think you might be hearing some "drive" using the PSP Vintage Warmer...and yep. That's my little munchkin at the beginning and end.

Thanks!
Tait

Yep, I am sure it is overuse of the 'Drive' in the PSP V Warmer. It can do that. Actually it is really good at that. I just find it overbearing here.

Turn down the 'Room mics' in EZD they never sound good to me. Even in EZD2 I noticed the same harshness. You can bring up the overheads to get the cymbals up front. It is just that harsh thing in the room mics that kill me.

Your munchkin tracks are spot on! I am guessing 6 months or so? Or maybe a giggly 12 month old precious?

:D

Good Song - great vocals and guitar sounds. I concur the drums sound a little lower on the timber.

How do you like EZ Drummer 2? Is it worth the upgrade?

While I will put the Vintage Warmer on the bass drum or toms I don't like using the plug in on the entire set on EZ drummer or Additive Drummer. I find that to get the thud you have to sacrifice the high end. Maybe I'm not doing it right.

Back