sometimes you've got to record covers.

Hey man it sounds pretty good. I enjoy the Beatles but honestly I don't know if I've ever heard this song. A few things that jump out at me.......there are some slight timing issues between the guitars in a few spots. The Vocals seem to be eq'd where your Breathing and "S" sounds are really jumping out. It may be that the mic you used was just really bright. De-essing might help with that problem.

Good arrangement, and it's very different than the original. I like it a lot in its conception and overall feel.

I like the sound quality of the BG vocal but, arrangement-wise, I think it'd be much more effective if she sang in other intervals than at the octave (like 3rd and 6ths, or a countermelody). It'd also make it easier for the BG singer to stay in tune. There's some nice harmony around 1:00, with a lower voice.

I agree with the comment about sibilance and breathing, and about the 2 ac gtr tracks being a little loose rhythmically. But hell, it's hard to keep things tight at a slow tempo. I'd like the tone of the guitars and vox better, I think, with a lot less compression.

Second thing I've heard of yours. Keep them coming.

Tim

true true, thanks a lot guys.

haha and it's not a girl in the background, i just busted falsetto.
and i never use a metronome, so i always kind of guess at what i'm doing. haha

haha and it's not a girl in the background, i just busted falsetto.
heh-heh. Sorry about that.

and i never use a metronome, so i always kind of guess at what i'm doing. haha
Not using a click track is a good thing IMO, not a bad thing. I prefer a slight flexibility in the meter especially at phrase and section ends.

Tim

Back