Something I've been working on

rfpd

Can you guys take a listen and give me some pointers to improve it, here's the track so far.

soundcloud.com/mosesquovadis/menace/s-kvPcQ

Sounds like you have a good start. At this point it sounds like you just hit record and recorded everything at once. If you are able to record multiple tracks I would get a second guitar in there and pan them left and right and let the vocals sit in the center. Have the second guitar playing something a little different maybe like a melody line...or have a your strumming guitars panned left and right and have a third guitar playing a melody/lead progression.

The vocals are inconsistent in volume and presence. It also sounds like your don't believe or have confidence in what your singing.

You have a good start just play around with it and listen to other recordings to see what others are doing.

Sounds like you have a good start. At this point it sounds like you just hit record and recorded everything at once. If you are able to record multiple tracks I would get a second guitar in there and pan them left and right and let the vocals sit in the center. Have the second guitar playing something a little different maybe like a melody line...or have a your strumming guitars panned left and right and have a third guitar playing a melody/lead progression.

The vocals are inconsistent in volume and presence. It also sounds like your don't believe or have confidence in what your singing.

You have a good start just play around with it and listen to other recordings to see what others are doing.

Yeah, I don't know how to really put emotion into my singing, it always sounds a little 'dead', thanks for the advice!

I was listening to the YouTube version, 'cause I wasn't sure what to listen to. Sounds VERY Nirvana. LOL! That's not a bad thing. It has a lot of potential. But, yeah... everything sounds like it was recorded under a blanket. And nothing... happens. If this started as an intro and then a huge blast of drums and bass and guitars blew your mind, this would be amazing. I know it's a work in progress, but like Bruthish said, it sounds like you have a mic in a room while you're singing and playing guitar live. If you're wanting to know if this could be a good song. Yes. If you're wanting recording tips, I don't think you're quite there yet.

Record and mix the tracks separately. Add some drums and bass. Add a chorus with some loud guitars and scream a little, and you have a real fu*king song! LOL!

It brought back a lot of memories. It has potential. But you're going to have to bring more to the table if you want real feedback on this one.

Thanks for posting!

I was listening to the YouTube version, 'cause I wasn't sure what to listen to. Sounds VERY Nirvana. LOL! That's not a bad thing. It has a lot of potential. But, yeah... everything sounds like it was recorded under a blanket. And nothing... happens. If this started as an intro and then a huge blast of drums and bass and guitars blew your mind, this would be amazing. I know it's a work in progress, but like Bruthish said, it sounds like you have a mic in a room while you're singing and playing guitar live. If you're wanting to know if this could be a good song. Yes. If you're wanting recording tips, I don't think you're quite there yet.

Record and mix the tracks separately. Add some drums and bass. Add a chorus with some loud guitars and scream a little, and you have a real fu*king song! LOL!

It brought back a lot of memories. It has potential. But you're going to have to bring more to the table if you want real feedback on this one.

Thanks for posting!

Thanks for the feedback, but the one on youtube is a different song ahah!

What are you using to record with? What mic & DAW..?

p.s. this attachment link comes back as no good

eq.png

Akg P170 and recording with a zoom g2.1nu through guitar rig, yeah I know ahah. For audio processing I use audacity.

Back