Some mix criticism please

I like the song. I like the arrangement and the instrumentation.

However, the synthy noise on the left is a bit too in and out and unbalanced. Instead of having it abruptly coming and going, maybe consider putting an envelope over it and making its appearance and disappearance more subtle. It doesn't really need to disappear . . . it could sit well in the background when not wanted. I would like to hear the synth more centred, or maybe balanced with something on the other side.

gecko zzed the synth is the tail end of an echo cut up and looped. Don't think I could use it in other parts as I cant tune it to the different parts.
Thanks,
Mike

gecko zzed the synth is the tail end of an echo cut up and looped. Don't think I could use it in other parts as I cant tune it to the different parts.
Thanks,
Mike

Personally, I wouldn't care that it can't be tuned to other parts. If I were doing this, I would loop the synth for the entire duration of the song. I would then put an envelope over it to make it appear and disappear more gradually at appropriate places. I would also do something to give it a presence on the other side (maybe a delay of it, or another sound, or its own reverb, or another similar sound). But that's only my taste at work.

I'm hearing quite a few clicks along the way - first at 0.23 then at random places along the path - maybe it's the start of your reverb thing. Also the bit that comes at 0.16 for a few seconds sounds a bit discordant to me.

Back