some creative input please

zipline7020

So I just finished this song, and I can't decide if (or where) I would want to add lead guitar/strings/ atmospheric stuff to it

I plan to add vocals but I want to do that once the instrumental part is completely down.

What do y'all think.

Also how is the mix, my monitoring equipment isn't actual studio gear and my room isn't treated, so theres probably stray frequencies i can't hear.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Song Idea 8B 1.mp3
    8.2 MB · Views: 13
Let's be honest. You haven't finished this song. I'm not sure how much of this was actually recorded in a room, either. :D

Just to be clear - I hate this kind of stuff, but it sounds as if you have a good idea of how it should be mixed and recorded.
. :D

It was all direct, since I don't have a good room to record in and I won't till I can move into a place I'm not just renting so I can drill in some acoustic treatment.
nor the money yet for any of the high end stuff.

and yea, it's not finished, but I'm glad to see at least the parts Ive laid down are well done.
Thanks!

And don't worry about not liking it, its not for everyone. I chose to do a metal song because here's so many tutorials over mixing it, so it seemed like a good genre to practice mixing just because of the emphasis on everything being super tight and punchy and defined, throughout all the low end craziness and all the layers.

It was all direct, since I don't have a good room to record in and I won't till I can move into a place I'm not just renting so I can drill in some acoustic treatment.
nor the money yet for any of the high end stuff.

and yea, it's not finished, but I'm glad to see at least the parts Ive laid down are well done.
Thanks!
Yes, you've definitely done that. It doesn't sound amateurish at all, far from it. Are the drums real? Mostly I think not when listening to it, but then I seem to hear a lot of floor tom ring as the recording fades out.

Its actually the 10 day trial to EZ drummer, Im making as much music as I can in 10 days to make an album for kick starter so that I try to raise money for studio monitors, drum software, etc.

maybe in 5 years or so Ill be able to own a full drum set and mic it up.

Nice dynamics - you could have squished this but you left some breathing room. I like the way it cones in and out. Good mix.

thanks! I honestly just adjusted bass and guitar volume for different sections. No other automated effects.
I'm trying to do some research on automating eq for vocal entry and exit so it all sits nicely.

I have 3 days to add vocals to the song before my trial period runs out.

Back