Solutions Support

WhiteStrat

Don't stare at the eye.
So at work, I just took over the "studio," a single signal chain voice over studio (with a killer booth) that we use mostly for IVR (interactive voice response) phone systems.

They asked me to take this task (it works out to about a day a week) because the building that the studio is in is moving. We have 5 buildings in the area, and they're consolidating 3 of them into a newer bigger building. Anyway, they don't want the expense of moving the studio, so they said I could have all the gear if I take it over and do it at my home studio. (They don't realize that I already have the gear to do it, but that's okay--I'll take the "bonus.") At yesterday's session, they all agreed to start at my house in January (hey, it's a paying gig--what are they gonna say?) One guy already works remotely (he's French Canadian and sends his WAV files to me).

Even though it all gets distilled down to phone quality in the end, we use great voice talent. There's four of them--Spanish male, French male, English female, and our main voice is English male. He does work on radio and TV all over the country, but for us he reads phone messages! This is from my first session yesterday. Boring as hell, but I wish had his pipes--he does really well doing this crap. Oh well, here's to being the sound nerd--and a touch more job security!

I tried listening to the clip, but all I got was a message telling me to try again during regular business hours. :eek:

I'll click it again Monday at 7am and see what happens.

(sounds pro, White) :cool:

Yep, sounds legit.
It amazes me that these sorts of records are rendered to such low quality - even audio books are ripped to super small size.
Congrats on the bonus - hope some is useful - and the extra job security.

Back