Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Solo ukulele versions

Thanks
    Sign in to disable this ad
    Quote Originally Posted by Mack Caster View Post
    Cool! I will keep it unlisted for this community. Please PM me when you get this project finalized as I would love to refer anyone interesting in gaining from your experience. I do not posse the ability that most of the Artists have concerning playing music. A person must realize their limitations. But, I do have 40 years of training my ear to the concept of music as well as what sounds good to me. When I said your are gifted Brother, it was not just a passing of words. It was a fact! I wish I could get you into a studio and truly showcase your talent.
    Thanks again! I appreciate the kind words and especially the help with the noise!
    famous beagle

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by famous beagle View Post
    Nola: Thanks for the listen. I was having to concentrate a good bit in the first verse of "Space Oddity" and probably didn't get to rehearse it as much I would have liked before recording it (gotta pay the bills!), so that's most likely the reason for the stiffness there.
    It wasn't bad and many might not even notice it, but it just felt the changes were ahead of the beat and stiff until the first chorus.
    I doubt beginner uke players will notice that so you're good, but you asked for any/all feedback and that's all I noticed as something that could improve.

I really liked those embellishments. I futz on the Uke and would be curious to hear how to do those. Can't quite grasp the fan strokes (where you flick all five fingers quickly) and such and can't find good videos on YT.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nola View Post
    It wasn't bad and many might not even notice it, but it just felt the changes were ahead of the beat and stiff until the first chorus.
    I doubt beginner uke players will notice that so you're good, but you asked for any/all feedback and that's all I noticed as something that could improve.

I really liked those embellishments. I futz on the Uke and would be curious to hear how to do those. Can't quite grasp the fan strokes (where you flick all five fingers quickly) and such and can't find good videos on YT.
    That fan-stroke technique is really hard, and I certainly haven't mastered it. I also can't really do the flamenco-style rasguedo, which some people do on uke. But this is something physical for me, because my right-hand pinky doesn't extend that far at all when my other fingers are curled into a fist. It's really weird. On my left hand (fret hand), my pinky is pretty independent, and I can extend it just as far whether or not my other fingers are in a fist or extended. But on my right hand, my pinky's mobility is really tied to the ring finger, and it won't extend past the ring finger on its own. So if my ring finger is tucked as in a fist, my pinky will straighten but won't extend very far at all.

Anyway, this is all to say that I can't do the rasgeudo techinque very well at all --- at least not with all four of my fingers.
    famous beagle

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nola View Post
    Can't quite grasp the fan strokes (where you flick all five fingers quickly) and such and can't find good videos on YT.
    That is what sucked me in as well. It's like "how do you do that"? This is not my first rodeo and it is seldom that I am impressed. But as most have said how they are able to do this, practice, practice, practice! Dedication is often misused and underrated, in till you hear something like this!

Picnic = Problem In Chair Not In Computer Free Podcasting ACX Course ~ Sound Treatment

Thanks
    I listened to space oddity.

The reverb kind of stuck out to me too. Seems unnecessary in an instructional recording. A version with click throughout might also be useful.

I also caught some breaths and clothes moving throughout. That may distract your students?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by VomitHatSteve View Post
    I listened to space oddity.

The reverb kind of stuck out to me too. Seems unnecessary in an instructional recording. A version with click throughout might also be useful.

I also caught some breaths and clothes moving throughout. That may distract your students?
    Thanks for the listen. I can't re-record the songs, so unfortunately I can't do anything about the breaths/etc. But I can tame the reverb for sure!
    famous beagle

Thread Information