So long Tom. Thanks for the joy your music brought.

nice cover K-dub!

Tom will be missed.

So missed. I admit I'm not going to get up tomorrow and hurt over his death -- but as I move towards my 60th year in a few days?

All I can do is thank him for his amazing, nutritional, contribution to my life and my musicality. It was made better by him.

I was not a huge fan of him, but there were certainly songs I liked. SNL did a rerun when the Heartbreakers were on ~1979 maybe? That was really cool - they were, at that time, a kick-ass garage band. Or at least that's what they seemed like to me. I'm a big enough fan to know this one.

I know it was a quick one. It sounds like it. :) A bit boxy. Some swirliness in the vocal.

I'm sorry. Do I know you? :D

Yeah, the vocal is pretty darn close, but not in a "trying to be someone else" kind of way. Just a nice natural fit for Tom's tunes. I hear a different space between the acoustic and the instruments that come in a couple mins into it. And I'm pretty sure you changed up some of the root notes during the intro and verse, held onto them longer and maybe not in the original order. Still very good. Nice work man.

In an interpretation, the only thing that can be done is to mirror the intent, while keeping honest to the piece.

Thanks, bud.

Back