Skynyrd tune done in a different style

Very cool man. Love the guitar tones. Great vocal performance as always.

The snare is a bit too out front IMO. Maybe all the drums in general. They sound fine, but IMO a song like this needs to feature gits and vocals. Everyone else is just rhythm section. Let those guys sit farther back on the stage of your mix so to speak. One way to accomplish this is to add some pre delay on your drum bus reverb.

Fade out is too soon! I was still into it when it stopped. :mad:

I think this is excellent.

The only thing that bugs me is still the bass. Maybe reduce the low end a little bit? It just seems like it's a bit strong. And the bass could still be a little warmer.

But that's a minor thing. I think it sounds excellent.

Thanks M.
This is the last project on my old computer. When I save everything and shut it down alk my VST effects are gone when I turn it on and boot back up.
It's very tedious and frustrating.
So, to tweak the bass I would have to start from scratch on all those VST settings.
I dunno if I'm up to it again bro
Lol

oh ya! nice man. great playing and recording. sounds excellent. let's jam!

Thanks andrush.
I would love to jam!

Very cool man. Love the guitar tones. Great vocal performance as always.

The snare is a bit too out front IMO. Maybe all the drums in general. They sound fine, but IMO a song like this needs to feature gits and vocals. Everyone else is just rhythm section. Let those guys sit farther back on the stage of your mix so to speak. One way to accomplish this is to add some pre delay on your drum bus reverb.

Fade out is too soon! I was still into it when it stopped. :mad:
Thanks for the listen and also on the tip about reverb predelay IBB.

Awesome Jimi! Made me feel like I was at a blues jam in some smoky club strumming chords waiting for my turn to solo :guitar:

Great tone and nice leads with good feeling. The only slightly piercing note I heard was the one right at 3:33, that one long note near the end, I'd bring that down a touch.

I was also going to comment on the snare being a little too up front, as I was reading through the posts I was waiting to see if someone else felt the same, and no one mentioned it until ibleedburgundy a few posts back... Also seems like the drums as a whole are little too left heavy? Who knows, could be my ears, or these old spare cans... Sounded like the snare was panned a tad left?

Awesome Jimi! Made me feel like I was at a blues jam in some smoky club strumming chords waiting for my turn to solo :guitar:

Great tone and nice leads with good feeling. The only slightly piercing note I heard was the one right at 3:33, that one long note near the end, I'd bring that down a touch.

I was also going to comment on the snare being a little too up front, as I was reading through the posts I was waiting to see if someone else felt the same, and no one mentioned it until ibleedburgundy a few posts back... Also seems like the drums as a whole are little too left heavy? Who knows, could be my ears, or these old spare cans... Sounded like the snare was panned a tad left?

Thanks Johnny.
on the overheads the left mic picks up a lot of snare and hi hat...the right mic picks up more ride cymbal and toms. I also have a sm 57 on the snare. I think I have the snare, kick, and bass guitar panned slightly one way or another to kind of clear a path for the vocal down the middle. if I panned the am 57 snare track slightly left, the combination of that and the snare being heavier on the left over head may have it lopsided.

Last edited:
Back