Bubba po

Tiny Stonehenge Moment
Recreation of the classic track from the album "A Kiss in the Dreamhouse"

Manda - vocals
Bubba - Guitars
Frank - drums
JD - Mandolin

Last edited:
Sounds very good Bubba. Playing is good. Levels seem pretty balanced. Quite a lot of ambiance in the mix. Gives it a kind of spaghetti western feel, but maybe that's what you were going for. I'll be interested to hear it with the vocal in place. Off to give the original a listen. I'm not that familiar with Siouxie's music.

Is that a mandolin panning back and forth? I can't tell if it's on both sides, L and R panned doubled, or stereo track with a 1/32 pan. Maybe only the delay is going R and the channel is L?

Anyway, sounds good. I hear what Ray is saying about spaghetti western. Though that phrase creeps me out. Like the word "moot".

Song not quite finished. I needed to post something I'm proud of due to shit news from work, today.

Sounds great, I like the sound of everything. Sounds like verb on the drums?-so you verb the whole drum bus or individual tracks? I like the sound-it softens things up a bit. Guitars and bass are doing their job, some might say it's a little boomy but I likes bass. Vocals are well performed I didn't hear and bum notes, nice consistent delivery and performance. Sounds pretty finished to me, nice work.

Sounds great, I like the sound of everything. Sounds like verb on the drums?-so you verb the whole drum bus or individual tracks? I like the sound-it softens things up a bit. Guitars and bass are doing their job, some might say it's a little boomy but I likes bass. Vocals are well performed I didn't hear and bum notes, nice consistent delivery and performance. Sounds pretty finished to me, nice work.

Thanks, Stratomaster. The whole mix gets a global reverb but varying amounts of each instrument are sent to it. The bass might boom a little, but I think it's probably to do with the eq movement associated with the bass chorus effect. It's pretty strongly associated with the Banshees' sound and would sound thin and wrong without it, I think! There are more backing vox to add in the second half of the song, otherwise as you say, the song is pretty much finished.

Generally very good. Performances all very good.

To me the bass is a bit too strong in the low end.

Not familiar with the original, but the reverb on this is a bit heavy. It's washing out the vocal just a slight bit.

Drums are a bit far back in the mix. Or at least the snare is.

Generally very good. Performances all very good.

To me the bass is a bit too strong in the low end.

Not familiar with the original, but the reverb on this is a bit heavy. It's washing out the vocal just a slight bit.

Drums are a bit far back in the mix. Or at least the snare is.

Thanks, MMM. :) This is my best mix so far, I think (in the op). Backing vocals finished, vocal treatment refined and EQ sculpted to remove mud and some low-end boom.

Back