๐Ÿ–•

It's still pretty gross :p If the Fredman technique wasn't being used, the amount of added sizzle would be laughable, since the amount of hiss and sizzle already is crazy. I tried EQ notching with super pinpoint q's but there's no salvaging it. Just watched some vids of the EVH 5150iii amp and that beast is AMAZING... slight price difference between that and the Line 6 Spider iii :)

The sound you got could have uses. It might sound pretty cool when used for a short riff in the intro of a song, for instance. Or a break in the middle of a song.

It might also be interesting to hear what the "main" or "straight on" mic sounds like solo'd. Just as a comparison to what you have here.

I like it. I could certainly find a use for that tone. Sometimes when it sounds good out of the amp, the recorded sound ends up too fizzy, but that wasn't too bad at all

actually, i think the into guitar could be even more gnarly, to distinguish and cement it's place....as long as it fades as the other guitars start. But that's just me.

It's interesting that even when recording a real amp that there's still the ~2.5K whistling that is such a common artifact with amp sims.

I noticed that 2.5k whistling in a big way within the last year while doing some close listening back and forth with andruskiwt on the forum (I hear the artifacts from the low 2k range all the way up to about 6k). Now that I've heard it, I can't unhear it. Maybe it's a curse, as it has pretty much ruined my enjoyment of a lot of music out there these days. What's interesting is that it's present here in a digital modeling amp with a speaker and mic, so it's not just a feature of ITB amp sims. I don't hear it when I listen to well-recorded tracks from a tube amp.

Back