Should I have added more to the low end

GuesSs

Just wondering if I should have added to the low end in this. I kinda liked the openess of it but idk if it was a good call or not from a technical standpoint?

I would vote yes it needs a bass element-I can hear a stand up (double) bass line happening as i listen...Other comments...the scratchy noise in the beginning seems too loud and panned too far, a record that noisy and the old style jazzy guitar would imply a more mono source, the sound itself doesn't sound that authentic to me if the skippping record sound is what you were going for. Here is a link for a free record skipping sound that sounds pretty good...

iZotope Vinyl: Free Vinyl Simulator Plug-in | Free AAX, VST, AU Plug-in

Also, to me the guitar repeats too many times, it gets old hearing that same line over and over-I would have dropped it out and let something else take the lead (like that high voice sound for example((with some delays or a verb???))) within the first 30 seconds or so and brought it back. I realize none of this is mix critique but the sampled sounds are going to be good and you have a good mix going and there's some good arranging with the beat breaking down but that guitar over and over.......

Some creative stuff going on-i like that verb on the last note of the guitar line and the bell sounds and the drums are groovin. Have you ever tried live percussion? You know like record yourself shakin a tambourine or an egg shaker? Might be nice to add some spice to these grooves?? Anyways i'm ramblin, i like the mood of the tune and the mix sounds very good to me.

Back