SHORT demo of an indie/electronic tune, in need of feedback so far!

mackerelmusic

hello, all! i'm a 19 year old girl just starting out with my own music, and this is a short demo of a song i am writing. i'd hugely appreciate some feedback so far! i did all the recording/editing using acoustica mixcraft 5, and the music itself was made using the KORG DS-10.

thank you to all who listen and sorry if my english isn't so great, haha it's not my first language so forgive me :)

I thought it was OK. Actually pretty good for a first effort.

I'd turn the instruments down a bit. They're covering the vocal. From what I could hear, the vocal sounded decent. You might be able to make a small cut in the 1K range. It was slightly boxy.

Echoing what Trip has said. Turn down the instruments a bit. To me, they sound like they're distorting. The vocals seems to be audible then not. Some compression could help here to bring them to an even level but you want to get those vocals over the instruments. Sounds like there is a good vocal there but it's a shame it's buried too deep.

Good effort though. I'll look forward to hearing the full song. :thumbs up:

Loved the song, but agree with the above comments. Sound production needs lots of work. But you'll get that fixed just fine, right?

Back