See the World

Should probably go to the MP3 Clinic. I'll move it for you.

i gave a quick 30 second listen. I think you should put the vocals in the same space as the rest of the instruments. They all have lots of delay and/or reverb and the vocals do not match. It sounds like you added the vox over top of a pre-recorded instrumental track.

Should probably go to the MP3 Clinic. I'll move it for you.

i gave a quick 30 second listen. I think you should put the vocals in the same space as the rest of the instruments. They all have lots of delay and/or reverb and the vocals do not match. It sounds like you added the vox over top of a pre-recorded instrumental track.
Thank you Chili for your response. If you listened only the first 30 second you probably missed the chorus? In verse, the vocal are dry and things change in chorus. I wanted to make it like that but maybe I try to change things in verse and see how it sounds.

This is quite a track! Sounds like you put a lot of time and work into this. I thought of that Africa song by Toto. Also I can hear a little Kansas in this and some other 80's stuff I can't put my finger on. The vocal is what I'm talking about right now. Who do you sound like.......? I don't think the vocals sound separate, but they are very majestic! First thing I thought of was the Lion King :P.

Overall definitely above average track. Mix/Song/Performance/Arrangement, all very good and better than most.

This is quite a track! Sounds like you put a lot of time and work into this. I thought of that Africa song by Toto. Also I can hear a little Kansas in this and some other 80's stuff I can't put my finger on. The vocal is what I'm talking about right now. Who do you sound like.......? I don't think the vocals sound separate, but they are very majestic! First thing I thought of was the Lion King :P.

Overall definitely above average track. Mix/Song/Performance/Arrangement, all very good and better than most.
Thanks Midget, i appreciate you feedback. Yes, it's always a lot of work and time as I'm doing all by myself. But it fun and it's also nice to get some feedback occasionally. Thanks again.

I thought of that Africa song by Toto. Also I can hear a little Kansas in this
There's no place like home!

I really enjoyed this. Obviously the drums are very loud and I guess that's intentional.
I'd want to pull them back a touch all the same.
The cymbals in the chorus came across a bit strong to me.

I like the toms as a feature at the start, but I'd probably want to bring them down in the choruses so they don't become monotonous.

Epic vocal. ;) Thanks for sharing.

There's no place like home!

I really enjoyed this. Obviously the drums are very loud and I guess that's intentional.
I'd want to pull them back a touch all the same.
The cymbals in the chorus came across a bit strong to me.

I like the toms as a feature at the start, but I'd probably want to bring them down in the choruses so they don't become monotonous.

Epic vocal. ;) Thanks for sharing.

Thanks Steenamaroo. I wanted to keep those toms loud through the song although I brought them down after the first intro / verse. I have to check that again.

I couldn't get any of the links to work so I listened to this one. It's the only one I could find so I assume it's the latest mix?

I really like this. The whole package is really good. Performance, delivery, capture.

My only nit would be that at some points the vocal seem to get a little buried under the fantastic instrumentation, mainly in the chorus. It's still very audible though so it's not a problem.

Top job all round! :thumbs up:

I couldn't get any of the links to work so I listened to this one. It's the only one I could find so I assume it's the latest mix?

I really like this. The whole package is really good. Performance, delivery, capture.

My only nit would be that at some points the vocal seem to get a little buried under the fantastic instrumentation, mainly in the chorus. It's still very audible though so it's not a problem.

Top job all round! :thumbs up:
Thank you Mr Clean. I just tested that link (my latest post) and it's working for me. Weird. And yes, the one you posted is the same version:)

Back