Second-best track you'll hear today.

Tekhed66

Hi all,

I haven't been posting or writing new material for well over a year now ... I just hit the wall and couldn't get anything down and in the end I just gave up...

Anyway, for whatever reason, I suddenly got my mojo back... I wrote a new track and dusted off an old one (re-recorded, re-mixed, re-produced, re-named, re-everything'd) ... I thought I'd better post something before the flame snuffs out again

So - for your listening pleasure (or dis-pleasure, as the case may be), please find a link to a newbie

And an oldie

I hope you like them and if you so decide to leave a comment, then I pass on my thanks.

cheers:thumbs up:

I listened to the first track. Everything sounded very sterile and midi.

I liked some of the synth stuff that bounded back and forth.

But it sounds more programmed than recorded. Not that it wasn't - it just sounds that way.

Fantastic! That sterile MIDI effect was exactly the style I was trying to get.... Thanks for your comments!!

I'm currently working on a track where I don't actually play anything at all ... I'm using an auto-compose and auto-drum plugin and just keep pressing the "Surprise Me!" button until something pops out ... feed it through a GM Midi module and voila.

cheers

Hm my sarcasm meter may not be calibrated correctly. . .

Anyway I listened to the first one, seemed like it might have a bit too much sizzle for me, like in the 4k+ range? The snare is what got me thinking about it, it got kind of harsh in the break where there aren't a lot of other instruments. That's the only thing I'd go over if it were me, sounds pretty solid to me otherwise!

Hm my sarcasm meter may not be calibrated correctly. . .

Anyway I listened to the first one, seemed like it might have a bit too much sizzle for me, like in the 4k+ range? The snare is what got me thinking about it, it got kind of harsh in the break where there aren't a lot of other instruments. That's the only thing I'd go over if it were me, sounds pretty solid to me otherwise!

Thanks for listening to the track ... you're probably on the money with the 4K sizzle so I'll cool it off a little bit .... my ears/hearing are shot... I had a hearing test for work at the beginning of the year ... think of an inverted 'U' and you get the frequency response of my ears ... oh well :-)

cheers and thanks again.

[He's Fallen in the Water] sounds pretty good to me. The only thing that stuck out as weird is the drums suddenly getting quieter around 2:19. They were still playing with the same energy, but it sounded like they were fading for no readily-apparent reason.

I too experiment with procedurally-generated parts in my music. Maybe we should collaborate on something!

[He's Fallen in the Water] sounds pretty good to me. The only thing that stuck out as weird is the drums suddenly getting quieter around 2:19. They were still playing with the same energy, but it sounded like they were fading for no readily-apparent reason.

I too experiment with procedurally-generated parts in my music. Maybe we should collaborate on something!

Hi Steve (or is it VomitHat?)

The part around 2:19 is where I tried to back things off (the drop???) ... it's as if the track was taking a bit of a breather before the run to home ... the drum part immediately before this (2:19) consists of a drum loop and overlaid kick and snare on a separate track to drive it along a little bit ... the 'drop' is just the drum loop so it loses its oomph and I think this is what you're hearing ... I've played it so many times I don't hear it anymore so well spotted.

I'll go back and have another go at that part ... the EQ is a little bit hot too so hopefully a bit more tweaking will get it sounding better.

Who or What are Regdar and the Fighters???? ... that's a great website... loads of tracks there to investigate so I've got my homework set out for me.... I'll definitely have a listen to those.... Maybe we should collaborate on something and formulate a plan for world domination (or world destruction - depending on how it pans out)

Hi Steve (or is it VomitHat?)

Who or What are Regdar and the Fighters???? ... that's a great website... loads of tracks there to investigate so I've got my homework set out for me.... I'll definitely have a listen to those.... Maybe we should collaborate on something and formulate a plan for world domination (or world destruction - depending on how it pans out)

Either one's fine (or VHS, or whatever)

RatF is my solo project. It's just me in the studio (with occasional featured guests). Live, it's me, a guitar, and a laptop doing randomized drum and synth loops. Yeah! Let's work on something! Do you have a song you're working on now? I could send you some of aforementioned random loops.

Not even on the top 100 best tracks I listened to today LOL, but just because it's not my cup of tea. Sounds "good" though.

Fantastic! That sterile MIDI effect was exactly the style I was trying to get.
I'm glad you said that, because if that's what you're going for, you succeeded like a mofo. In fact, while I was listening, the 80's called and they want their drum sound back. :D

For this kind of music, the mix is fine. I hear everything.

I'm currently working on a track where I don't actually play anything at all ... I'm using an auto-compose and auto-drum plugin and just keep pressing the "Surprise Me!" button until something pops out ... feed it through a GM Midi module and voila.
Yeah, good luck with all that.

Not even on the top 100 best tracks I listened to today LOL, but just because it's not my cup of tea. Sounds "good" though.
I agree. ;)

hmm...so much hostility for other genres. why post then? is it supposed to sound like real drums and guitar? lol. it's a mix forum, not a rock and roll forum.

this is a great composition and mix. nothing jumped out as awkward, and it's very difficult coming up with the multitude of changes this piece has. Very nicely done. very creative stuff. Definitely one of the better electro-compositions i've heard here.

hmm...so much hostility for other genres. why post then? is it supposed to sound like real drums and guitar? lol. it's a mix forum, not a rock and roll forum.

Dude, you need to stop whining. That's all you do for christ's sakes. Where's the hostility? I said the mix is good. You're one of the people ruining this place with your childish moaning in every thread, especially your own. Chill out or put on your big boy pants, you're embarrassing yourself constantly.

Well, I tried posting in other threads, and this is what happens.....again. You guys can thank this little baby for the fact that many of us have stopped posting here. I know that I now have, other than my own tunes. I tried, and this is the result.

dude, you need to stop whining. That's all you do for christ's sakes. Where's the hostility? I said the mix is good. You're one of the people ruining this place with your childish moaning in every thread, especially your own. Chill out or put on your big boy pants, you're embarrassing yourself constantly.

Well, i tried posting in other threads, and this is what happens.....again. You guys can thank this little baby for the fact that many of us have stopped posting here. I know that i now have, other than my own tunes. I tried, and this is the result.

lol.

hmm...so much hostility for other genres.

Seems like the OP got a bit hostile with me. It didn't seem to me that my review deserved the response he gave me. In any event, if all we do around here is stroke each other's egos, we won't progress too far.

Where was this?

I think he's referring to post #3. It's one of those posts that can be read as harmless or it can be read as kind of passive-aggressive. Someone else mentioned it, too. I'm still not sure myself.

Where was this?

I think it was here (again, it seemed like it to me):

Fantastic! That sterile MIDI effect was exactly the style I was trying to get.... Thanks for your comments!!

cheers

Maybe I read it the wrong way?

Well he shouldn't tell people it's the 2nd best track you'll hear today when it's obviously not. If you post something like that people will tell you they don't like it if it's not what they're into. No reason to make a big deal out of it. If you can't handle criticism you shouldn't be putting your music on the internet. Shit, people on the internet as straight Ass Holes! People here are nice, no matter how harsh their views are. They're still nicer here than anywhere else you go. You got your friends and family to tell you it's the greatest shit ever LOL.

Last edited:
Back