Saturday Night. Take 2

imalion

Hello everyone...

I posted a song here awhile back from mp3.com... It looks like it got lost in the shuffle though. Someone here told me that more people will listen if it is at NowhereRadio instead.

So, I posted my song on NWR, and would love to here some feedback/ tips on the mix.

The name of the song is "Saturday Night"

http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/album.php?aid=2837&alid=-1

Thanks in advance.

Steven

I could sure hear this blasting away at a big motor-city bar.
This has a reaL 80's rock feel to it.
I like the drum sound.
The mix seems right, in fact it's probably very well done.

Hevy,

Thanks for listening. Believe it or not, I did the drums in Fruity Loops.

Tracked and mixed in Cakewalk.

Last edited:
I like the crunching rhythm guitar...reminds me of cross between the Knack, Quiet Riot and Web Wilder. The intro is well done. I like the fade in.

The guitar solo doesn't seem to go anywhere (not that I can do any better). It needs a better melody.

The drums do sound great. Gotta love those Fruity Loops!

Id' like to hear the vocals a little more up front. They sound a little too distant. The bass could come up a bit as well.

Lyrically, it's a bit shallow, but I think that's the point.

Just my 2 cents,
-Tim

Yeah I love that crunch I get from my Les Paul. I just wish I was a better player. I am slowly but surely stretching myself musically. Leads are something new for me. In the past I was afraid to even try. I think differently now.

Thanks for chiming in on the mix too. I was thinking the bass was a little low myself. It is easy to get lost in the mix when you have heard it 100 times. LOL

Thanks again for listening and giving me your feedback. I need all the tips/comments/suggestions I can get.

Take care.

Steven

Back