Sand in your crack

BCF1

Metal tune or Rock tune ?

Didn't get exactly what I was after, maybe some critique of this version will be helpful before trying again.

Thanks

Good musicianship all around. Solid guitar playing and singing.

The guitars sound a little thin and sizzly - like a solid state amp or amp sim.

The vocal is a bit behind the rhythm guitars. So is the lead guitar solo.

I think you could take out some low-low end of the bass and then give it a boost. It's pretty rumbly.

Real drums would sound better. Cymbals are a little sizzly.

WOW those are some BIG drums. The kick is really powerful. Probably a little much though. I wonder if bringing it down some would help? and I LOVE a loud kick, but I think its too much. Maybe just a little too much low end on it?

Songs sounds cool though. Good job.

The whole mix sounds a little too compressed and limited. Better drum samples would help. Sounds like an 80s hair metal tune to me. I wouldn't mind hearing vocals louder with a little less drums. Maybe a little less low end on the bass too? Sick guitar solo!

Thanks for the comments, much appreciated !!!

This was tracked and mixed using my home stereo and speakers (that have always lied to me : (

Just picked up my first pair of monitors and damn it sounds so different then I originally thought.

I agree with all you guys and will definitely revisit this while getting familiar with the monitors.

Thanks again !!

Wow, excellent. The song is great especially the vocals.Really nics riffs very tasteful. Mix sounds fine on headphones. Pulled out all the stops at the end there love it. Hot stuff, well done

Great song. The playing is great on this but the mix needs some work. There is too much high end sizzle on the cymbals. The mix is kind of thin sounding except for, like British said...the kick drum and it's huge. It's a fantastic tune with killer performances. If you get the mix right it will kick some serious ass.

Back