Rough mix of EP...could use some valuable feedback!

Shout It Out

Hello. I haven't visited the forums lately because I have been working on many projects. My latest project is a band I sing and play guitar for. We have tracked the album which consists of Guitars, bass, drums, background synth, and vocals. I learned a very new mixing techniques in the process and I am hoping for some valuable feedback on the current state of the songs and what I could do to improve the overall quality.

Important Information:
Microphones:
Kick Drum: d112 mic Snare: SM57 Overheads: oktava mk 012-01 Bass guitar: d112 and DI through ampeg svt Guitar: sm57 and e609 Vocals: Bluebird

Preamps: Digi003 pres for all music. Mbox 2 pres for all vocals.

Songs: This is War and Panoramic Lush were not recorded as isolated tracks. Live in a small room. The other tracks were all isolated.

This is basically a demo/EP but I want to maximize the quality of the audio. I only really have protools standard plugins available to me so I am at a brick wall in the mixing process. I'd like the songs to have a fuller sound with a little more definition and clarity in the kick drum and snare.

Any input would be extremely useful for and I appreciate your time. Let me know if I can provide more details.

Soundcloud wavs: https://soundcloud.com/oceancitysoundtrack/sets/rough-demo

I wanted to state that I think the best complete mix is "this is war" and I think "get it right" is probably the best quality recording. That should give you an idea of my subjective taste.

Back