Rough Mix/Analog Mixdown to Digital

Bigsnake00

I wrote and recorded this song today, and it is the first project I've done on my new recorder. You can see my equipment below, although I didnt use any compression or a RNP. I'm still going to add a lap steel, harmonies and a few other tracks, but I was just trying to get a feel for my mix so far...I played it on my home theatre system and it sounded pretty good as far as the bass...Id really like to get some feedback on this..
Thanks guys..
Brandon

White Flowers

Last edited:
WMP couldn't play this when I clicked on it - unknown format.
Then when I downloaded it, WMP gave me a bad file extension error.
It's my only player so I hope you can resolve so I can listen later on......

I think I posted an AAC format....I hate having to use these types of format, I think the music suffers too much...oh well

enjoy

Hey Big Snake, this is Snake Dog,

Cool intro. Very full engaging sound. The bass may be a bit muddy there.
Nice sound on the vocals, fit very well.
Yeah nice sound throughout, my only recommendation would be to adjust the bass sound a bit, maybe drop the midrange some.
Also the ending was a little odd, at 4:31 it sounded like a guitar that was off came in then the song cut.
Other than those nitpicks, good sounds fellow snake! :D

good, I was hoping someone could tell me about the bass, did seem like it was muddy, but I wasnt sure if it was just me....as for the end its just unedited...the final wont be like that..
Thanks!

Bass does sound a little boomy.

The tune is nice. Nice vox. I'd turn up the vox a db or two. So the lyrics are easy to understand. Maybe reduce the reverb on the vox just a touch.

Like the drums too.

Nice tune overall. :) Did cut abruptly.

Bigsnake00 said:
I wrote and recorded this song today, and it is the first project I've done on my new recorder. You can see my equipment below, although I didnt use any compression or a RNP. I'm still going to add a lap steel, harmonies and a few other tracks, but I was just trying to get a feel for my mix so far...I played it on my home theatre system and it sounded pretty good as far as the bass...Id really like to get some feedback on this..
Thanks guys..
Brandon

White Flowers

Bass a bit muddy. Maybe a bit too much reverb on voice. Abrupt ending. Otherwise, nice, big, creamy sound. Well done my analog friend! :D ;)

i agree, the bass tone is a little droopy... but i am willing to bet you were going for a more country loose feel. almost like an upright type of sound, or a fretless. i think it's cool, but i also think that there are a few times where the bassist let's the root ring out while he's playing the 5th, and there is a little bit of a discrepency on the intonation. just kinda makes it warble.

i like the vocals a lot!!! i like the reverb you have on it. kinda slaps back in the left channel. very cool.

a few times i can hear a slight overload in the drums... i think this might have a lot do do with your EQ spread, especially between the bass and drums.

if i were you, i might try to open up the sound a bit by spreading your EQ a little differently. let the bass drop down a little in the 1.5-2K range since that's where our ears are a little more sensitive. and let the left panned guitar take a little more gloss on the high end. i think it has a good round sound overall though. by no means am i putting your mix down, just trying to give you my personal opinion. and remember, no one, i mean NO ONE mixes the same!!!

keep up the good work brotha!!!

Jacob

Back