rough cut demos

Some of this makes me think of the first Collective Soul album...I like the guitar and bass parts...the lead vocal is not terrible but just doesn't seem to be on par with the guitar and bass...something about the percussion, it seems to be sort of disconnected from the rest of the mix, maybe needs a little more variety in the percussion.

They all sound great. You really have something going. I am a big vocals critic and i honestly think that is the only place that your songs are lacking. Whick instruments do you usually digitize? Dude Facade is awesome.. Keep on writing music. I might have to give you a call for my album. Very good stuff

^Thanks Bro. My home setup isn't very impressive but helps for writing songs

Yamaha Mg12/4 Mixer
Comp 16 Compressor
Audiophile soundcard
Studio projects mic
Marshall AVT50 amp
Roland Micro Monitors
Cool Edit Pro
Nady QH560 Headphones

Anymore input guys?

Hey, I listened to your first couple of songs and it was really good. The sounds were there for a pre mastered project, mastering would make it smoke! I really liked some of the specific guitar sounds that I heard, they are tough to get sometimes. I have to say the vocals weren't quite as good as the rest. It wasn't your singing, it's just the production on them. A little sparkle, or razz, or air. You know, all of those fake producer terms ;). But that would put it over the edge, and if youre doing it all later in the studio anyways, I'm sure it will be in there. Just remember to have the engineer turn up the "air" knob all the way, and the "sparkle" know half way. :) he he, I crack myself up.

By the way, some of this music sounds like it would be really fun to play live and you could get a big live sound out of it!

Good job, though,
H2H

Back