RollingStones "Memory Motel"

RAMI's resurrection shuffle...
Which "clean" ? - the arpeg'd intro guitar sound cool - just a little break up. The "clean" lead on the other side is, on a few notes, a little loud before the "band" comes in. The arp guitra then seems to sit R & UP in the image.
Lovely job mate.
Thanx Ray. Well, all those guitars matter, but I was talking about the guitar that plays the chords on the left side, which starts the song. I'm glad you mentioned the other guitar being a bit loud before the "band" comes in. I did that deliberately, but I might have to turn it down in the intro.

Thanx mate. :cool:

Cool. That works now.

I dunno. I'm past where the drums come in now and the clean guitars mesh well now with the full mix. Drums sound freakin' awesome btw, but you probably don't need to hear that at this point.

In the intro, I guess I felt like the clean guitar part sounded kind of mid-rangey and not as full as I'd want in such a sparse section there. The clean-ish lead tone in the intro was nice. More verb or something than I'm used to hearing from you as I associate you with pretty dry tones normally. See what others think...

When you get about 2/3rds through and the vocals get a little more instense, you really channel Mick very well for a few moments there. Uncanny.

Cool. That works now.

I dunno. I'm past where the drums come in now and the clean guitars mesh well now with the full mix. Drums sound freakin' awesome btw, but you probably don't need to hear that at this point.

In the intro, I guess I felt like the clean guitar part sounded kind of mid-rangey and not as full as I'd want in such a sparse section there. The clean-ish lead tone in the intro was nice. More verb or something than I'm used to hearing from you as I associate you with pretty dry tones normally. See what others think...

When you get about 2/3rds through and the vocals get a little more instense, you really channel Mick very well for a few moments there. Uncanny.
Thanx for all that, Heat.

Yeah, I'm hearing this for the first time in about a week, and that guitar could be fuller. Still getting to know that amp. I also notice now that the kik might be too loud.

a 6 + minute song, a ballad, a slow song, and not the most exciting tune in the world, so I don't expect anyone to sit through the whole thing.[/url]

Can only think of one thing that's better than listening to a ballad by the Stones for 6+ minutes. :D Lovely tune, their slow stuff is my favourite. Great cover, guitar sounds amazing to me. So do the vocals, as always.

Eccellent Rami, really sounds very good,
I love the drum sound first, But the gtrs are a very close second
AND the vox are top notch very VERY good cover.
nothing wrong with this at all except I've never heard it before,& didn't realise I liked the early stones stuff so much,
even tho I used to play a bit of their stuff when I was young!
LOVE IT! :D

Can only think of one thing that's better than listening to a ballad by the Stones for 6+ minutes. :D Lovely tune, their slow stuff is my favourite. Great cover, guitar sounds amazing to me. So do the vocals, as always.

Eccellent Rami, really sounds very good,
I love the drum sound first, But the gtrs are a very close second
AND the vox are top notch very VERY good cover.
nothing wrong with this at all except I've never heard it before,& didn't realise I liked the early stones stuff so much,
even tho I used to play a bit of their stuff when I was young!
LOVE IT! :D
Thanx a lot to both of you. I'm glad you like it. I'm hearing a few issues I need to fix now that I listened again after not hearing it for a bout a week. Thanx for the kind words. :)

Back