Rockin the house

I'm assuming that the noise/distortion around when the vocal kicks in is done on purpose?
I couldn't say that it's adding nothing to the tune for me. I spent half the song trying to find out if part of my setup was broken.

Noise guitar solo tone is great.
Nice low end.

sorry bout that, but I'm not sure what you mean. I don't hear any noise/distortion, but maybe I've just heard the song too much and not tuning in.

thx man.

sorry bout that, but I'm not sure what you mean. I don't hear any noise/distortion, but maybe I've just heard the song too much and not tuning in.

thx man.

There is some kind of record skipping sound, fizz or hiss going on throughout the entire song.

Wow, many comments going out, and only one commenter coming in.
Not even the courtesy of reciprocation.
Last post wasn't much different.

Am I really that bad?

It sometimes takes days to get a comment on something, especially if you're a newbie to the site. Don't take it personally.

I had a listen through Ns10s, equator d5s and a big set of 3 ways.
you got alot of good elements in this song, but at the same time, there are things in the mix that are fighting the song.
To me it doesn't sound like distortions, but rather dissonance. Just some of the sounds and extra vocals you added.
In a way it sounds like there are two separate songs going. I'm serious. On my board, I had to double check to make sure I didnt have another stereo track still playing.
In my humble opinion, if you take some stuff out, you'll have a better, easier to listen to song.
As said before, the guitars sound cool, and I personally like the lead vocal.

Dissonance and non-easy listening is exactly what I was going for, but that can surely be tamed if it detracts from the song as a whole. I'll experiment with a different arrangement, RFR, and see how that goes. Don't wanna lose too much of the "complexity" though.

Thanks a lot for that guy.

Don't forget this part: "but that can surely be tamed if it detracts from the song as a whole. I'll experiment with a different arrangement, RFR, and see how that goes."

Yup.☺
Haha. Its up to you what effect you want to create on the listener. Remember, you did have 2 people check their equipment to see if something was wrong, so maybe taming it just a little might not be a bad idea.

But overall, a fun interesting song with some good elements.

Last edited:
Which, again, is precisely why I said the above. Listeners observations count quite a bit, which is why I post in the first place. If you don't listen, what would be the point?

Double thanks RFR.

There is definitely an unpleasant noise happening in the background somewhere throughout the track. It goes away during the guitar freakout when the other instruments drop out. It's either on the vocals or bass guitar track, or maybe some other background track. But it's definitely there, some sort of digital-sounding repetitive high frequency distortion. It's especially present on the first and last verse and chorus.

Nice low end on this track, I'm always a fan of a solid bass and kick. The bass guitar could use a little more definition, and I think that there's a little too much midrange in the kick (boils down to personal preference). Fun song, nice backing vocals, interesting idea.

Thanks Tadpui. I'll back away and give myself a week away from it, then come back with with a fresher listen baring in mind what's been stated.

Back