rock`n roll...

Nakatira

That Norwegian Bastard
This is one of my earlier recordings, it was done with only four mikes.
two sm 58`s one b52 and one behringer dynamic.
the sm 58`s were used as oveheads, b52 on kick and behringer on snare.
guitars and bass were recorded on the behringer.
and vox were done on a sm 58.

this was just a demo, and it will be rerecorded in the summer, hoping for better sound and preformance. :D

READ; my link will take you to a norwgian site with norwegian language , so just hit "LAST NED =(download).

Link:http://www.uhort.no/index.php?kontekst=sang&query=4152

thanks

Cool performance, Nakatira. EQ balance is very good. Drums could come up a bit. The lead guitar near the end is kind of hidden too. Needs to come up and be brighter. That same guitar part might add a lot if it came in here and there earlier in the song. Just a thought. Nice song.

Tim

I didnt understand one friggin word of that( except,.."ooohhh yea"). But,..it was a very cool tune. Killer guitar tone and well recorded.
The only thing i didnt like was the vocal effects,..I'd lose 'em.
I hope you can get that same guitar tone on your re-do.

Take 'er easy,..
Calwood

Thanks for the comments guys.

I hope my recording will be a bit better the next time.
the lead guitar part will be fixed in the next recording, thanks for tip Tim.
The drums will be way better as the drummer will bring his Cool Premier set to the next session. and will have 10 tracks of multi tracking available.
The vocals were hidden a bit to much in the sound, as I had a cold that day and my preformance wasent the greatest so therefore some slapback delay. But I agree, I will go for a dryer vocal the next time.
and sing through my Mxl v67g and pray for better results :rolleyes:

thanks a lot guys.

Something rattling around the kit during the drums at the beginning. Loose snares? Did you mic the resonant head?

Cool song. I like the guitar/bass communication.

-CAsey

I thin the snare was bit loose, pluss it was a crappy kit.
I also think one of the toms made the snare sing a bit to much.

thanks for the comments.

cant wait to rerecord this track.

Back