To the river (original)

I love the song! This all sounds pretty good. Nice acoustic guitars, guitars and groove. You're vocals are pretty damn good, especially in the chorus. The first verse could use some attention to the lead vocal, leveling so that all the lyrics can be heard. The vocal confidence gets strong as the song goes on. The lead guitar on the left is a bit loud for me. Bass could come up. I'm hearing more cymbals than kick or snare in the later part of the song. That acoustic guitar outro is class. If this is your first original song, I look forward to the ones that will follow. Great work!

Robus has hit it directly on the head. The mix is very good. Vocals may be just a bit high. If you were to retrack the first verse vocals, it would probably make things better. The guitar solo is biting and sounds like it's in another room (mike placement). Nice performances all around, especially those solos. Thanks for sharing this.

I think you could bring up the drums just a bit, with the vocals. I thought the vocals were pretty nice btw. The guitars are nice. Drums don't quite line up rhythm wise after the breaks. Might push back the lead guitar a bit. Seems like there may be heavy eq on bass/drum? Something seems a bit off about them. Great song, the background vox are especially cool.

I thought the singer has a nice voice. Some of the louder notes get a little harsh.

The low end of the mix is out of control. Boomy notes pop out all over the place. Mostly in the bass guitar, but some in the kick too.

Acoustic guitars sound OK. A little boxy. But not bad.

Guitar riffs/fills are harsh sounding. Most of them are too loud as well.

Kick and snare sound OK. Cymbals are very hissy and swirly.

Back