"Ride" --> how do you feel about the midgets?

And to be very clear, I am not trying to make any changes to what you feel is right for your songs. I am only giving my different perspective as it is felt by me. In no way am I going to judge your concept, vision, or mix of any of your music.

You be you. If anything I did helps, then I am willing to describe exactly what I did on my end. I just offered to throw out a mix because the song was really interesting and different from my usual genre.

I am looking forward to doing anything I can to further this track. No ego from me. Just interested. :)

Jimmy, that mix is great!

I love the song but definitely felt like the vocal was too hidden and the song was missing some midrange or "presence".

So many cool songs on this board.

Jimmy, that mix is great!

I love the song but definitely felt like the vocal was too hidden and the song was missing some midrange or "presence".

So many cool songs on this board.

Thanx man. I just did what I heard in my head to put focus on those things you stated. The vocals needed to be up front.

A bit of HPF on the vocals and a couple layers of compression was all it took really. A bit of doubler/reverb/delay to finish it off. Nothing fancy. The performance was great to begin with.

Oh yeah, I did boost a bit at 8k to get the shimmer of the verse vocal.

I didn't do much to the 27 tracks of instruments other than placing them with volume and panning.

The introduction seems bottom heavy and a little claustrophobic.
On the other hand it sounds like Susan Christie - has that strident, deep and quite psychedelic sense to the vocal. See if you can find Paint A lady by her for references.
Good song.

Back