Revival - Piano Orchestral - Feedback wanted

At 0:59, I'd consider using the layering that is used in the next bar underneath. That section at 0:59 sounds a little bare and lacking. It fills out better with the harmony at 1:17. Just an arrangement thing...but it feels incomplete until something is supporting it underneath.

I'm not sure about that tambourine being replacing what would usually be a snare, at least not during the peak/dramatic section. I'd test out some snares, or even use both a snare and a percussion instrument.

Rather like it - movie music genre wise. I did feel the strings sounded as if they were in a different space - the open space of the piano - but the strings in a much smaller space? Nice though.

Nice pleasing piece of music.

The piano tone is a bit fake.

When things kick at about the 1 min mark, the drums ought to be much stronger. There is no thump when I think there should be. The snare, in particular, is weak and slappy.

Not a big thing, but there was kind of an unnatural decay in the reverb at about the 2:25 mark.

I don't know what it sounded like before, but this actually sounds pretty balanced to me. Very pretty piece btw. It isn't doing anything super innovating, but it just really works as a piece. Nice job.

It sounds very nice. It is a nice piece/riff.

As always I go slightly opposite the flow. It's a nice piece, and I might be wrong with my following words, but I want to say it's missing counter parts or counter melody. As I hear it, you start your riff on the piano, do basically the same riff on strings, and it grows, but it's all on the same riff.

Someone with a sound grasp on musical terminology could explain it better. But, that's the problem I hear within the piece. The mix to me sounds fine.

Good Luck and Have Fun!

It sounds very nice. It is a nice piece/riff.

As always I go slightly opposite the flow. It's a nice piece, and I might be wrong with my following words, but I want to say it's missing counter parts or counter melody. As I hear it, you start your riff on the piano, do basically the same riff on strings, and it grows, but it's all on the same riff.

Someone with a sound grasp on musical terminology could explain it better. But, that's the problem I hear within the piece. The mix to me sounds fine.

Good Luck and Have Fun!

Thanks, I'll give that some thought. I think I have a basic understanding of what you mean.

Back