Revisiting old songs - Fools

Turns out, I've been sitting on a 5th mix for about a week. I forget what I changed:
Fools Redux | Regdar and the Fighters
It sounds like I turned down compression on the guitars a bit (RS, I'm noticing your pass really brought the pumping effect out unfortunately). Turned the synths way up, and turned the synth vox down a touch.

Ah too bad.

The synth melodies are neat, but I'd say too loud now. Try lowering by 5dB?

You don't realize how difficult that is at this point! :D

Part of the experiment is also procedurally-generating the synths and some of the drums. The export process now involves running a shell script for 2 hours.

Edit: Belay that. I'm an amazing programmer, and the process now takes 10-15 minutes. :D I may get a new mix done this weekend.

I actually have to back-burner this one for a few weeks while I dial in the volumes on a different track to be released next week, but yeah, the synths will definitely have to come down when I get back to it.

Last edited:
Vomit,

Way different genre than I would expect to enjoy but I really like this. I think the tempo is fine. Since I'm not familiar with this genre, I don't know what your typical listener would be looking for, but I would prefer the lead vocal, and the vocals in what I'm hearing as the chorus, to come up. Vocals throughout are sort of buried in the mix to me. A crisper, louder vocal would be my request...If you're taking requests. Good work!

Back