Remix Opinions

Minor tweaks you can decide on - at this point it's getting to be personal preference. Sounds great
+ a hair on the female vocals (if you have two different tracks maybe pan say 30%LR to wrap around yours)
- a hair on chorus lead vocals (or up the verse)

I think this mix is so dense that you could get away with a good deal more panning to make more space for things.

The vocals sound so dry - they kind of don't match the other elements.

I think this mix is so dense that you could get away with a good deal more panning to make more space for things.

The vocals sound so dry - they kind of don't match the other elements.

Thanks for the feedback, IBB. That's odd b/c there is a ton of reverb on the vocals.

I like this. Kind of has a The Pillows vibe, or maybe a calmer Shinobu song.

The only thing that really stuck out to me as that some of the leads aren't sitting quite as well as they could. The siren-like one under the vocals feels pretty buried for e.g.
They're all panned pretty mono. If you spread them out a little more, you might have more wiggle room to turn things up.

Thanks, Steve. There are guitars panned hard l/r playing the droning lines. The leads are more C and compete with the vocal so I lowered them where they weren't fighting, so it's low, but I might just cut that part out entirely to open things up.

I can understand why boulder is saying that a treble boost brings everything to life. i can hear it across the tracks...the snare would have a bit more brightness, hats, vocal top end, etc... i agree with him.

by the way, lol, i can hear the reason for the "reverse cymbal" thread. just noticed that. nice touch

Sounds pretty good. No eq issues with the guitars on my end (Beyer Dynamic DT-770 phones). I, too, think maybe the female vocals could come up a tad, but they do add a nice dimension where they're at now. I'd probably bring the kick up a hair, too, but I tend to sometimes make my kicks too loud, so it also might be ok as is. I'm always asking for advice with these issues on my mixes, so take my suggestions lightly :)

Seems like the very end (last hit) is missing a kick hit? A nice kick with a soft crash would give a smoother ending.

Back