Remember a few weeks ago when I posted a Christmas song... (new VHS song)

VomitHatSteve

Hat STYLE. Not contents.
...and it was pretty conventional?

Well, here's the one about zombies with noises culled from video games.

File Leaker | Regdar and the Fighters

There! I feel much better!

Edit: Oh yes. Feedback, please! Are the vocals too quiet? I went with a different (mellower) bass tone; does it cut through enough? etc.

Is it because I posted two Christmas songs before Thanksgiving? That's fair, but in my defense, this is only the third Christmas song I've posted ever! :D

Oops, vocals way out of tune. However, I have to like any song with lyrics about "ragged newspapers tumbling down the street" and "I turn back and return to my burned out home!" I'm not kidding. Really. (Although I would like the lyrics even more if you made the story more linear and less confusing.) I liked the video game sounds, although they were more in the background than I would have liked.

Just guessing, but you might get more responses if you at least named the song - I went to your link and wasn't sure what song you wanted feedback about, until I finally scrolled down and saw the link at the bottom of the page.

Hey Kirby. Which vocals sounded out of tune to you? Was it maybe the guitar intonation? Was it the "oohs"?

I've tried to make the download page intuitive. You got confused by the audio player on the side, I assume?

I usually make my story songs more easy to follow, but I had co-writers on this one. :D

Uh, yeah, Steve, now I realize it was probably just one of the guitar strings out of tune (G, I think), and only by 2-3 cents. Yeah, that's it. No big deal. It happens to all of us.

Yes, I admit I got confused by the audio player on the side. OK, I'll say if for you: obviously, I get easily confused.

You know what? Suddenly I remembered... it was one of your co-writers that was out of tune! Yeah, that's it! If I was you, I would find out which one it was (by using torture) and then give him a lower percentage of the massive songwriting royalties (that are at this very moment flowing like a mighty river through the financial system, on their way to your door.)

But you know what the funny part is? After a line or two, I stopped noticing the slight tuning issue totally, and just started digging the song. Hmmm, this out-of-tune thing could revolutionize the music industry. This could be big! Really big! Or not.

Anyways, now I HATE your soon-to-be-a-beloved-Christmas-classic song. "Why????" you ask, "For Gawd's sake, why?????". Because it's been stuck in my head all day long (and most of the night)!!! Get out! Get out! There's not enough room for you in here! I'm only a zombie! Oops, didn't mean for that to slip out. It's just between us, OK, Steve? Just between two old friends, eh? (Yes, I'm Canadian) Heh, heh. Gotta go now. I shouldn't post things late at night. I blame your song - it's driven me crazy. Please burn this post after you've read it (eh?) Gotta go now.

Back